1. How dear to God are little children;
With him their spirit life began.
So priceless their security,
Their innocence and purity;
They are a part of his eternal plan.
2. To earthly parents God sends children
To guide and teach, protect and love.
Oh, let us keep the sacred trust
That he has placed with each of us
And help to guide them back to God above.
How dear to God are little children.
Words: Jaclyn Thomas Milne, b. 1949. © 1989 IRI
Music: Carol Baker Black, b. 1951. © 1989 IRI
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- Jaclyn Thomas Milne, b. 1949. © 1989 IRI
- Jaclyn Thomas Milne, 1949–.
- Matthew 18:14, Matthew 19:13–14, 3 Nephi 17:21–25
- Eternal Life, God’s Love, Guidance, Heavenly Father, Leaders, Songs for, Parents, Plan of Salvation, Premortal Existence, Worth of a Child