Share Your Photos
Help Share the Gospel by Sharing Your Media
The LDS Media Library is an online resource that is available for members to download and use high-quality media to help share the gospel. You can use your photography skills to help build the online gallery. We invite you to share your photographs for possible inclusion in the media library's images section. Your photos may be used in Church magazines, brochures, posters, blogs, videos, and websites, as well as in members’ blogs, lessons, and other media.
To find out more information about submitting photos and other media, visit create.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, where examples of what to submit, standards, downloadable desktop wallpaper, and galleries are available. Submit your photos directly through Helping in the Vineyard, a Church website that helps members take part in a variety of service opportunities.
Only submit photos you would like to allow the Church and members to use for the above types of purposes. You will still retain the copyright for the photos and will be able to use and sell your images, but the Church and Church members will be allowed to use them as well. To see standards that should be followed when submitting, please see the photo standard page on create.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
High-quality images are very important. Photos submitted must have a minimum resolution of 900 x 900 pixels. Subjects may include a variety of types of people, places, and things worldwide. The photos should be appropriate to represent us as a people or as a Church. They may be used to accompany an article, help with a lesson, or illustrate a blog or website. Possible examples include families praying together or having family home evening, individuals reading their scriptures or doing service, Church buildings, temples, visitors’ centers, and so forth. For a complete list, please see the photo needs list (PDF) on create.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
Model and Location Releases
To Submit Your Photos through Helping in the Vineyard:
- 1. Go to Helping in the Vineyard, the most direct way of getting your photos to the Church.
- 2. Select the Church Multimedia opportunity.
- 3. Select the Contribute photos task.
- 4. Upload your photos.
- 5. Moderators will review the photos you submit for quality as well as copyright and intellectual property issues before they are considered for insertion into the media library and made available to other members.
Note: Not all photos will be selected. If your photos are not selected, feel free to try again and submit a different selection of photos.
Please Don't Submit:
- Low-quality images.
- Photos that are not appropriate for Church use.
- Photos that you have not taken. Submit only those photos for which you own and hold the copyright.
- Photos that contain credit lines.
- Photos with logos or trademarks.
- Photos with embedded copyright notices or watermarks.
- Photos of other photos, advertisements, paintings, sculptures, or any object in a museum or art gallery.
E-mail us at create@ChurchofJesusChrist.org.