1. O Lord of Hosts, we now invoke
Thy Spirit most divine
To cleanse our hearts while we partake
The broken bread and wine.
2. May we forever think of thee
And of thy suff’rings sore,
Endured for us on Calvary,
And praise thee evermore.
3. Prepare our minds that we may see
The beauties of thy grace,
Salvation purchased on that tree
For all who seek thy face.
4. As brethren, let us ever live
In fellowship and peace!
Forgive, that God may us forgive,
That love may still increase.
5. May union, peace, and love abound,
And perfect harmony,
And joy in one continual round
Through all eternity.
Text: Andrew Dalrymple, b. 1817
Music: George Careless, 1839–1932