In order to help missionaries achieve their purpose (see Preach My Gospel, page 1), the MTC depends on exceptional returned missionaries to serve as teachers. As directed by the Spirit, teachers will:
- Guide, direct, train, and provide feedback to missionaries using Preach My Gospel and the approved curriculum.
- Prepare daily to train and meet missionary needs.
- Counsel and plan regularly with their companion teacher regarding missionary needs.
- Assist other teachers and missionaries as directed by leaders.
- Implement direction and training from the manager of training.
Requirements to teach at the MTC include the following:
- Have served a full-time mission.
- Be worthy of the Spirit and have a current temple recommend.
- Be able to work five to six days a week, approximately 20 hours a week.
- Be prepared to receive approximately 20 hours of initial teacher training.
For further information on becoming a teacher at the MTC, please see the “Frequently Asked Questions” below.
Frequently Asked Questions
To apply, please send a resume to the Human Resource Department of the Church indicating that you are interested in being a teacher at the MTC. The e-mail address is cortesMA@ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
There is no pre-determined date or season during which new teachers are hired. Needs vary based on increases or decreases in the number of missionaries. Notwithstanding, experience has shown that most teachers are hired toward the end of the year.
Once an application has been received, the MTC sends a letter to your mission president requesting a personal recommendation. This is kept at the MTC and is confidential. If an applicant is selected to participate in the interview process, MTC personnel will contact him or her.
In general, all the information related to teacher candidates is kept on file for one year.
Currently, there are not other employment opportunities at the MTC.