We, BYU-Pathway Worldwide, an affiliated entity of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, process your personal data in compliance with the Church Privacy Notice. We supplement that notice with the additional BYU-Pathway specific information below.
What data do we collect about applicants and students?
Data you actively submit to us: Beyond the categories of information outlined in the Church Privacy Notice, when you apply to participate in certain services, programs, and activities through BYU-Pathway, you will provide, or may be asked to provide, the following additional categories of personal data and records:
- Criminal background information
- Religious affiliation and background
- Demographic information (gender, race, ethnicity, languages spoken)
- Financial and tax information
- Commitment to live the Honor Code and other institutional policies
At your own discretion and initiative, you provide additional personal data when you send us questions or requests, or seek out or participate in our services, programs, activities, or events. You will know what personal data you provide because you will actively submit it to us.
Data about your participation and performance: We also observe, collect, and create personal data and records about you in connection with your participation, performance, and other involvement in BYU-Pathway, its programs, activities, and events. This includes personal information and records regarding:
- the classes that you register to take, your grades, your attendance, and your performance on assignments, papers, exams, and other academic requirements
- your interaction with instructors, faculty, staff, and administration, whether email or other communications, as well as learning management systems and other online services
- your financial transactions with BYU-Pathway and/or its partners, including accounting records associated with tuition, fees, financial aid, scholarships, purchases, and other services, programs and, activities
- your interactions and participation with services, programs and, activities, including academic advisement, career services, disability and accessibility services, equal opportunity, tutoring services, information technology, honor code, and other services provided to students in connection with programs and activities offered through BYU-Pathway
What are the purposes of data collection?
We collect personal data to provide services, programs, and activities, as outlined above; to process any requests you submit to us; to analyze for educational, research, and administrative purposes; to conduct internal marketing and development activities; to comply with legal obligations; and to communicate with you.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We will share your personal data:
- as necessary to communicate or interact with you via mail, email, and other communication channels
- to comply with relevant laws
- to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process
- in an emergency, including to protect the health or safety of our students, employees, or any person
- in connection with investigating and preventing fraud, legal or policy noncompliance, or other misconduct
- with agents, contractors, and service providers, subject to confidentiality and data protection requirements, to assist us in our operations.
We also share aggregated usage statistics that cannot be used to identify you individually.
Whom do you contact if you have questions or concerns about data privacy?
If you have questions about data privacy, you may contact the Church Data Privacy Office listed in the Church Privacy Notice.
This notice is effective September 7, 2021, and may be amended from time to time.