The Far West Temple Site, located several miles northwest of Kingston, Missouri, is where Latter-day Saints began to build a temple in July 1838. Serving as the Church headquarters for a short time, Far West, in Caldwell County, Missouri, was also the location where the Lord revealed the full name of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and established the law of tithing.
Although the Far West Temple Site does not house a temple, it exhibits the original four cornerstones, showing the place where members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints once planned to build a temple. The Far West Temple Site includes a small fenced area with monuments about events that occurred there. Farmland surrounds the site.