There’s not just one right way to be a missionary. You don’t have to teach a formal gospel lesson to make a big difference in someone’s life.
Even full-time missionary work is changing! In this video, Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf talks about how missionaries are reaching out to people in new, creative, refreshing ways.
The simplest definition of “missionary work” is helping people come closer to Jesus Christ. Here are a few ideas for how you can do that anytime!
- Create artwork that represents your feelings about the Savior and share it.
- Invite a friend to join you in a service project. (JustServe.org is a great place to start!)
- Share a favorite scripture with your friends and tell them why it inspires you.
- Volunteer to give a talk in church, and invite your friends to watch you.
- Help a friend create a FamilySearch.org account so they can start learning about their family’s history.
- Make uplifting, positive comments on social media.
- Especially when someone is being treated unkindly, represent the Savior by showing them love.
As you pray for opportunities to be a missionary, the Lord will help you see how you can spread His light. Even the smallest effort makes a positive difference in the world!