But some things we know for sure.
While there’s a lot about Heavenly Father that we don’t know (and probably can’t understand quite yet), there are ways we can learn about His character.
- Scriptures teach us that He wants us to be joyful and successful! He is working to help us.1
- Modern prophets often testify that He loves us. Did you know the first truth that missionaries often teach people learning about the gospel is “God is our loving Heavenly Father”?2
- Out of all the titles He could have chosen for Himself, the Mighty God of the Universe wants us to know Him as a Father.3
That last bullet is especially striking, don’t you think? The video above shows the perspective of an earthly father who is trying to help his family the best he knows how. If that kind of love can exist here on earth, imagine what our perfect Father’s love must be like!
1. See 2 Nephi 2:25 and Moses 1:39.
2. See Preach My Gospel, chapter 3, lesson 1.
3. See Matthew 5:48.