We may get to hear from him soon at general conference.
Do you go to Church in a chapel, or in a living room? When President Henry B. Eyring was young, there were gas restrictions because of World War II. So members of his branch met in his house for church services! Here are some other fun facts about him.
- Played basketball in high school.
- Worked with a contractor building footings and foundations as a young man.
- Received a bachelor’s degree in physics and master’s and doctoral degrees in business.
- Served for two years in the United States Air Force.
- Met his future wife, Kathleen Johnson, at a Church meeting. They have six children.
- Was called to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in April 1995 and set apart as Second Counselor in the First Presidency in January 2018.
- Served as a counselor to three Church presidents: President Gordon B. Hinckley, President Thomas S. Monson, and President Russell M. Nelson.