We may get to hear from him soon at general conference.
When President Dallin H. Oaks was young, he earned money sweeping out a radio repair shop. He became so interested in radio that he got his operator’s license before he turned 16 years old! Here are some other facts about him.
- Was raised by his mother after his father died when he was seven years old.
- Met his first wife, June, while announcing high school basketball games as a college freshman.
- Raised six children with June. After she passed away, he married Kristen M. McCain.
- Served as president of Brigham Young University in the 1970s.
- Earned a law degree and taught law for ten years.
- Was a judge on the Utah Supreme Court until he was called to be an Apostle in 1984.
- Was set apart as First Counselor in the First Presidency in January 2018.