We just got to hear from him at a worldwide devotional and we may get to hear from him soon at general conference.
Are you filling out any school or job applications right now? Elder Gong once included “tree climbing” as an athletic ability on a scholarship application! Here are some other fun facts about him.
- Got so homesick on a trip as a child that his aunt had to lure him out from under the bed by promising to give him french fries.
- Has family history information dating back to First Dragon Gong in 837 AD in southern China.
- Served as a missionary in the Taiwan Taipei Mission.
- Got engaged to his wife, Susan Lindsay, over the phone while he was in England and she was in the USA. They have four children.
- Loves to travel and has been to all seven continents.
- Was called to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in March 2018.