We may get to hear from him soon at general conference.
Have you ever spent time in another part of the world? Elder Gary E. Stevenson lived in Asia for more than nine years! Here are some other fun facts about him.
- Was called to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in 2015, which he said was a “knee-buckling experience.”1
- Served as a missionary in the Japan Fukuoka Mission and as a mission president of the Japan Nagoya Mission. (Konnichiwa means “hello” in Japanese, by the way.)
- Married Lesa Jean Higley in the Idaho Falls Idaho Temple. They have four sons.
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Utah State University.
- Helped create a business that makes exercise equipment.
- Enjoys skiing, snowboarding, and hiking.