We may get to hear from him soon at general conference.
Did you know that President Russell M. Nelson isn’t the only cardiologist who helps lead the Church? Elder Dale G. Renlund also worked as a cardiologist and a professor of medicine at the University of Utah. Here are some other fun facts!
- Was the 100th Apostle called in the latter days. He was sustained on October 3, 2015.
- Served as a bishop while still doing his medical residency.
- Spoke Swedish as his first language because his parents had recently come to the United States and didn’t speak English yet.
- Spent three years in Sweden with his parents as a teenager, then returned to Sweden to serve his mission.
- Gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon when he was 11.
- Married Ruth Lybbert in 1977. They have one daughter.
Elder Renlund is a special witness of Jesus Christ. He is a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, who are like the Apostles Jesus Christ called to help lead the Church when He was on the earth. We can’t wait to hear what our Church leaders share in general conference!