The Wise Men travel far to meet Jesus Christ and present Him with gifts—gold, frankincense, and myrrh. After their visit, Mary and Joseph flee to Egypt to protect Christ from the wicked King Herod, who wants to have Him killed.
Matthew 2:1-2, 11-15
1) Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judæa in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2) Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
11) And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
12) And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
13) And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
14) When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
15) And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.