No matter our circumstances, we all have many things to be grateful for. Below are five reasons to be grateful for the blessing of having friends and family, put powerfully by prophets and apostles.
1. “True friendship is like the asphalt of life. It fills in the potholes and makes the journey smooth.” —Richard G. Scott
2. “Feeling the security and constancy of love from a spouse, a parent, or a child is a rich blessing. Such love nurtures and sustains faith in God. Such love is a source of strength and casts out fear. Such love is the desire of every human soul.” —David A. Bednar
3. “God does notice us, and He watches over us, but it is usually through another person that He meets our needs.” —Spencer W. Kimball
4. “The greatest joys and the greatest sorrows we experience are in family relationships. The joys come from putting the welfare of others above our own. That is what love is.” —Henry B. Eyring
5. “Love is the healing balm that repairs rifts in personal and family relationships. It is the bond that unites families, communities, and nations. Love is the power that initiates friendship, tolerance, civility, and respect. It is the source that overcomes divisiveness and hate. Love is the fire that warms our lives with unparalleled joy and divine hope.” —Dieter F. Uchtdorf
For more inspiring quotes and stories, like our Facebook page.