In honor of Elder Richard G. Scott, former member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, this article is dedicated to sharing some of his most powerful teachings on the beautiful blessings that come from focusing on marriage and family.
Which one is your favorite? Did we leave out one that often comes to your mind? Share in the comments.
1. “Two of the vital pillars that sustain Father in Heaven’s plan of happiness are marriage and the family. Their lofty significance is underscored by Satan’s relentless efforts to splinter the family and to undermine the significance of temple ordinances, which bind the family together for eternity.”
2. “Pure love is an incomparable, potent power for good. Righteous love is the foundation of a successful marriage. It is the primary cause of contented, well-developed children.”
3. “[Eternal marriage] means that a man and woman who love each other deeply, who have grown together through the trials, joys, sorrows, and happiness of a shared lifetime, can live beyond the veil together forever with their family who earn that blessing. That is not just an immensely satisfying dream; it is a reality.”
4. “Express gratitude for what your spouse does for you. Express that love and gratitude often. That will make life far richer and more pleasant and purposeful.”
5. “I have no power to describe the peace and serenity that come from the assurance that as I continue to live worthily, I will be able to be with my beloved Jeanene and our children forever because of that sacred ordinance performed with the proper priesthood authority in the house of the Lord.”
For more inspirational ideas and messages, like us on Facebook!
Watch Elder Scott's funeral service to learn more about his life and impact.