Several countries have a holiday about gratitude. It often coincides with harvest season or with the end of a war and a period of peace. For example, some sort of “Thanksgiving” is celebrated in:
- Rwanda, on the first Friday of August.
- Germany, on the first Sunday of October.
- Canada, on the second Monday of October.
- Liberia, on the first Thursday of November.
- The United States, on the fourth Thursday of November.
But you don’t have to wait for a holiday to focus on gratitude—any day is a good time to say “thank you” to someone who has helped you! Here’s an idea for an easy thank-you card:
1. Trace your hand on a piece of paper and cut it out.
2. Decorate it on one side.
3. On the other side, write “Thanks for giving me a hand!” or some other nice message.
Share it with a Church leader, friend, or family member.