From grandma’s secret recipes to special holiday snacks, recipes can become an important part of your family’s culture. This week we invite you to start your own family recipe book!
You’ll need a book to collect your recipes and memories. Choose one with plenty of room for photos and notes after each recipe. Here are 5 simple steps to get you started:
- Gather your family’s favorite recipes. Invite family members to write instructions for making their favorite dish.
- Ask each family member to add a sentence or two about the meaning behind each dish. Where did it come from? Why is it special? What memories does it bring up?
- Take pictures of each step. Photos are a great way to give a visual guide to what the dish should look like and how it should be prepared.
- Have fun cooking! Making meals with family members can be a great way to create lasting memories. It’s all about laughing, talking, and being together.
- Keep adding and sharing. If your family meets for holidays, parties, or other occasions, you could make it a tradition to pass around the recipe book. Everyone can take turns making a dish from your family cookbook and sharing their own special twist!
Preserving these recipes for future generations to enjoy is a tasty way to honor your family.