This guide details the referral process. It includes instructions for creating a referral, searching for a referral, and viewing an initiated referral.
THE REFERRAL PROCESS
The following describes the typical process for submitting referrals for counseling resources online.
- Initiate: The bishop initiates a referral by clicking on the + Referral button from the Welfare Resources home page. Referrals that have been saved but not submitted appear as Initiated.
- Submit: After completing a referral, the bishop submits the referral using the Submit button. (To save the referral to complete it at a later time, click Save.)
- Next Step: When Family Services receives a referral, a Family Services counselor will contact the bishop according to the instructions the bishop provided for more specific information.
CREATING A REFERRAL
The following describes the typical process for submitting a referral online.
1. Click + Referral from the Welfare Resources home page. This will open a Counseling Referral form.
2. Select a referral type from the drop-down menu. Family Services counseling includes behavioral health, marriage, addictions, single expectant parents, pre-mission assessment, and more.
3. Choose a ward or branch member from the menu under Referred Member. If the person you are referring is not a member of your ward or branch, choose Not in List, and manually input the person’s name. Provide the referred member’s Preferred Contact Method.
4. Under Leader Consultation Preferences, input your contact information (as the person submitting the referral) under Preferred Contact Method.
5. Select the appropriate boxes under Referral Detail.
6. When all relevant information is provided, you can choose to Submit the referral, Save to finish later, Clear all fields, or Close without saving, using the buttons below the form.
Search or View Referrals
Leaders can search and view referrals under the Referrals tab. This section explains how to do so.
To search referrals, navigate to the Referrals tab, type the name of the referred person into the Person Name search field, and then choose Apply. Use the drop-down menus to filter results by date, referral type, and status.
VIEW INITIATED REFERRALS
The Initiated Referrals section lists all referrals that you have initiated. Submitted referrals are not shown in this section. For confidentiality purposes, you are not able to view referrals that you did not personally initiate (for example, referrals made by a prior bishop). This section includes referral types, referral status, referral location, and relevant dates. To view more details about a referral, open it by clicking on it.