Recommended Firmware Version for Meetinghouse Webcast
Use the recommended firmware version for your specific Teradek VidiU device:
- Teradek VidiU v. 3.0.8
- Teradek VidiU Pro v. 3.0.7
If an older or newer version is being used, you will need to manually update the firmware to the appropriate version.
Checking the Firmware Version on the Teradek VidiU
- Turn on the Teradek VidiU.
- Click the Menu button on the device and navigate to the System Settings.
- Click on About VidiU. The firmware version will be listed.
Updating the Teradek VidiU Firmware
If the firmware version is not the recommend version, the following steps can be used to update it:
- Connect your computer to the same wired or wireless network as the Teradek VidiU is connected to. (VidiU connects to a wired network connection.)
- Go to https://www.teradek.com/pages/downloads and select from the drop-down based on your device:
- VidiU & VidiU Mini
- VidiU Pro
- VidiU & VidiU Mini
- If the latest firmware version listed on your Teradek VidiU is newer than the recommended version, click the Show Previous Versions button to show more firmware versions.
- Download and save the recommended firmware version to your computer or laptop.
- Access the Teradek Web User Interface (Web UI):
- Press the black Menu button (on the front of the VidiU).
- Use the black Menu joystick to navigate down to Network Settings and then press the Menu button to enter the network settings.
- With Wired selected, press the Menu button to enter the wired network settings.
- An IP address is displayed (e.g., 10.109.23.56).
- Type the IP address into your computer’s web browser and hit enter/return.
- The Teradek VidiU Web UI will load.
- In the Teradek Web UI, navigate to Settings > System > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click the Browse button, locate and select the firmware file you saved on the computer, and then click Upgrade.
- When the update has finished, the Teradek VidiU will automatically reboot and begin operating with the recommended firmware version.
Please note: Automatic updates should be disabled by default on Church Teradek VidiU devices. If your device is automatically updating, please turn this feature off. This can be done by using the Teradek VidiU front panel to navigate to Firmware Updates and then setting Auto Check to Off.