Heavenly Father loves you more than you can ever know. He is a God of truth, whom you can trust. He has promised to hear and answer your sincere prayers. Sometimes He requires you to exercise faith and “wait on the Lord” for answers: “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord” (Psalm 27:14).
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf taught: “God cares about you. He will listen, and He will answer your personal questions. The answers to your prayers will come in His own way and in His own time, and therefore, you need to learn to listen to His voice” (“Receiving a Testimony of Light and Truth,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2014, 21).
God has given you the scriptures, the modern prophets and apostles, and the gift of the Holy Ghost to help you. As you study, seek His counsel in prayer, and exercise faith and patience, His answers will come to you (see D&C 9:8; 109:7).
Church and Community Resources
- “The Comforter,” President Henry B. Eyring, Ensign or Liahona, May 2015, 17–21
- “Trust in the Lord and Lean Not,” Bonnie H. Cordon, Ensign or Liahona, May 2017, 6–9
- “Prayer,” Guide to the Scriptures, scriptures.lds.org
- “After the Storm” (video), LDS Media Library
- “When the Answer Is Peace,” LDS.org Blog
- “How to Teach Your Child How the Spirit Speaks to Them,” Gospel Solutions for Families, Mormon Channel