We are excited to welcome you to Temple Square! The following information will help you find parking if you are dining at The Nauvoo or if you are attending private events (banquets and receptions) at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
Where to Park
- Parking is available at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building parking facility. The entrance to the underground parking structure is in the middle of South Temple St. between the City Creek Center and the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Guests enter the parking facility by heading westbound on South Temple St. They would then proceed down the entrance ramp located in the middle of the street and then make a righthand turn at the bottom on the ramp.
- View more information on Temple Square Dining and Private Party Hosting.
- The parking lots fill quickly, and parking is not guaranteed.
Parking Hours and Rate Information
The Joseph Smith Memorial Building parking facility is open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays. The facility is closed on Saturdays and Sundays and on holidays. Event parking hours vary depending on the schedule of private events. Validated 3-hour parking is available at The Nauvoo ($5.00+ purchase required). Guests attending private events will also be provided parking validations located in their event room(s). The regular parking rate without a validation is $10.
The Joseph Smith Memorial Building parking facility only accepts parking validations specific to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. No other validations will be accepted. There is a high demand for parking during lunch and dinner hours. There is an even higher demand during the months of June, July, August, and December. Parking fills consistently during these months. Be prepared to arrive even earlier for overflow parking time.
UTA Trax and Other Salt Lake City Parking
- Downtown Salt Lake parking is another option, and more information is available at parkingslc.com.
- We recommend that guests use the UTA Trax and bus systems wherever possible. Utilizing these public systems reduces traffic congestion downtown, eliminates the need for finding parking, and ensures a more timely arrival to your destination. Visit rideuta.com for more information about planning your trip downtown.
Last Updated On 4 Jan 2022