Your Request Has Been Completed!
Read on to find out more about our representatives—the missionaries—and what they can do for you.
How can missionaries help me?
While your relationship with God can be deeply personal, sometimes we all need a little help recognizing what God is saying to us. No matter where you are on your spiritual path, missionaries can teach gospel principles and insights that can help you on your way. Think of them as spiritual coaches who will:
- Help you feel closer to God
- Show you how to pray and receive answers from Him
- Help you find answers to your spiritual questions
- Teach you about the Savior Jesus Christ and His gospel
- Help you understand the scriptures
- Support you through your personal challenges
- Encourage your progress toward repentance, faith, and baptism
- Introduce you to a community of like-minded believers who can continue to support you in your spiritual journey
What to expect from a missionary visit
The missionaries will ask to begin the visit with a prayer. If you’re up for it, they might even ask you to say the prayer. Either way, the goal is to invite the Holy Spirit to be part of the conversation.
They will probably spend a few minutes getting to know you and your interests. The missionaries have an entire program they can teach you, but they try to personalize their message to you and your life situation. They’ll read from the Bible and the Book of Mormon with you and invite you to pray and ask if what they teach is true.
If you want, the missionaries will set up an appointment for another visit. During your follow-up meeting, they'll teach you more about Jesus Christ and His restored Church, and answer any questions you may have. Their program also includes messages about God’s plan for our happiness, Jesus’ sacrifice for us, faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Spirit, and keeping God’s commandments. They’ll continue to invite you to pray, read the Book of Mormon, attend church, and even be baptized. And remember that the missionaries will go at your speed and respect your time and desire to meet with them again or not.
Explore more topics
Following Jesus Christ
How to Pray
Raising a Strong Family