Tabernacle Choir Announces 2020 Heritage Tour
Contributed By Spencer Williams, Church News staff writer
The tour will begin June 25 and will last 22 days through July 16.
Performance dates, cities and venues are:
- June 27: Konserthuset Stockholm in Stockholm, Sweden
- June 30: Finlandia Hall in Helsinki, Finland
- July 2: DR Koncerthuset in Copenhagen, Denmark
- July 7: in Oslo, Norway, at a venue yet to be announced
- July 10: St. David’s Hall in Cardiff, Wales (by invitation only)
- July 11: International Convention Centre Wales in Cardiff, Wales
- July 14: Usher Hall in Edinburgh, Scotland
The performance at St. David’s Hall in Cardiff will be a benefit concert with attendance by invitation only. Ticket information for the other venues will be announced at a later date.
John Parry was an early Welsh convert to the Church and became the first conductor of The Tabernacle Choir. He and other converts from these nations were pioneers of the Choir and Orchestra and have contributed to their great heritage.
“We stand on the shoulders of these musical pioneers who created a legacy that has influenced the entire world for good, said Choir president Ron Jarrett. “What an honor it will be to share the joy and peace the music of the Choir brings in some of the very places where it all began.”
Visit The Tabernacle Choir’s website for more information.
DR Koncerthuset in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Usher Hall in Edunburgh, Scotland.
Finlandia Hall in Helsinki, Finland.
St. David's Hall in Cardiff, Wales.
Konserthuset Stockholm in Stockholm, Sweden.