Set Any Reading Goals? New Study Plans Feature in Gospel Library App Can Help
Contributed By Camille West, ChurchofJesusChrist.org Church News
- Create Study Plans for schedules and reminders to study scriptures, conference talks, and lessons.
If you like to make lists, set goals, and check off accomplishments, you’ll love the new Study Plans feature in the latest update of the Gospel Library app.
Study Plans helps you set up a schedule for studying any content found in the Gospel Library app.
Perhaps you want to read the entire Book of Mormon by the end of the year or set a regular schedule for studying Come, Follow Me lessons each week. Maybe you want to study all the general conference talks from October before the April sessions begin.
Regardless of the content you wish to study, Study Plans automatically calculates exactly how much you need to read to meet the goal by the date you set. And if you miss a day or two, don’t worry. The study plan can be recalculated so you can still accomplish your goal.
Available for both iOS and Android devices, Study Plans helps you easily continue from where you left off. You can also create multiple study plans.
“We are pleased to add the Study Plans feature in the Gospel Library app,” said Elder Lynn G. Robbins of the Seventy in 2019. “The Church continues to innovate its resources to better support the new home-centered approach to gospel learning.”
“The study plans feature in Gospel Library was built specifically to support individuals and families goals to regularly study the gospel of Jesus Christ,” said Rob Jex, product manager of the Gospel Library app. “As you develop regular study habits of the scriptures and words of living prophets, you will see the promised miracles in your lives.
“As a father, I am trying to do this and the blessings are coming even though I’m not perfect at the daily study yet. The study plans daily reminder feature helps me in juggling all the good things with that which is essential.“
How to Create a Study Plan
To create a study plan, open the Gospel Library app, select Study Plans from the Library menu, then select the content you wish to study. You then have the option of setting a schedule and adding a reminder.
- Select content. Choose from any of the hundreds of pieces of content in the Gospel Library app.
- Set a schedule. Setting a schedule will help you see how much to read to finish on time. Simply select “daily,” or click on the specific days you wish to study, add beginning and end dates, and indicate whether you want to allow chapters to be split.
- Add a reminder. Adding a reminder can help you stay on task. Just select the time you want to receive an on-screen reminder to study.
When you’re finished selecting options, your newly created study plan appears. When you click on the plan, each chapter, article, or section appears next to a check box, making it easy for you to track your progress.
Future improvement ideas for Study Plans include the ability to:
- Sync your study plans across your mobile devices
- Select the plan’s start and stop points within a book
- Select from topical study plans that focus on prophetic priorities like the Restoration, daily repentance, or ministering
- Have audio-recording-based study plans
- Create custom study plans that include content from any publication in the app
- Invite someone to study your custom study plan with you and have social discussions about your common study
“We welcome your ideas about how you’d like this feature to be further developed,” Jex said, encouraging users to send ideas through the “Send Feedback” form in the Settings area of the app. “And if you know how to use this feature, please share how to use it with others,” he said.
Creating one or more study plans is quick and easy.
Check boxes and a list of what to study help you visualize your plan and track your progress.