New Electronic Option Means Faster Reimbursements for Calling-related Expenses
Contributed By Camille West, ChurchofJesusChrist.org Church News
The Church is making it easier for members to get reimbursed for calling-related expenses like snacks purchased for Nursery children or Mutual activities.
By the end of March, ward clerks in the United States can make reimbursements via an electronic funds transfer directly to a member’s specified bank account, according to a May 15 notification.
The new online process makes it easier and faster for ward clerks to process reimbursements, especially since they don’t have to send checks that members then have to cash.
Set up your bank account for electronic reimbursements
1. Sign in to your account on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
2. Go to ChurchofJesusChrist.org/donations.
3. From the Donations menu at the left of the screen, choose Settings.
4. Scroll down to the Expense Reimbursement Account box and select Add Reimbursement Account.
5. Add your preferred bank account type, routing number, and account number.
6. Authorize the change and click Save.