International Day of the Bible Is November 23
- The International Day of the Bible is Monday, November 23.
- At noon, share your feelings about the Holy Bible using #BibleCelebration.
“The truths in the Holy Bible help us learn about God’s love and grace.” —Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve
Members of the Church have an opportunity to join with other Christians to share their love for the Bible on Monday, November 23, the International Day of the Bible.
At noon, participants are encouraged to share a favorite verse, a video, or thoughts related to the Bible on social media channels using the hashtag #BibleCelebration.
“The truths in the Holy Bible help us learn about God’s love and grace,” said Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in a post on Twitter on last year's International Day of the Bible. “I am grateful for this sacred volume of scripture.”
“Reading the Holy Bible has helped me learn about the Lord's mortal mission, resurrection, and divine grace,” Elder Bednar added on Facebook.
The International Day of the Bible is a multifaith celebration sponsored by the National Bible Association and supported by many organizations, including the American Bible Society. Learn more on the website, Facebook page, and Twitter.
Elder David A. Bednar's post about the Bible from the 2014 International Day of the Bible.
The following are some Bible-related resources on ChurchofJesusChrist.org that might help you share your thoughts and feelings about this sacred book:
- Images from the Old Testament and New Testament
- Bible Videos website
- Bible Videos on Mormon Channel on YouTube
- The Blessings of Scripture video
- JesusChrist.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, a Church website about Jesus Christ’s life, mission, and teachings
- What Scriptures Mean to Me video
- Bible Videos DVD, a compilation of 50 videos about the Savior’s life and teachings from the four Gospels (available online at store.ChurchofJesusChrist.org or in LDS bookstores)