Church Publishes 7 Pandemic Planning Guidelines
- See helpful pandemic planning resources on safety.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
The COVID-19 pandemic has everyone thinking more about how to maintain their own and others’ safety and health.
A helpful resource is a newly revised collection of seven guidelines related to pandemic planning and response on the Church’s web page safety.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has made these resources available to help members with home and family preparedness and to teach principles on sheltering-in-place, social distancing, personal hygiene, and other useful information.
Alan Rogers, a product manager in the Risk Management Division for the Church, explained that “the information on this site pulls information from authoritative sources and brings it together for specific member needs.” Even though this content is especially relevant currently, it also provides guidelines for ecclesiastical leaders to update stake and ward emergency action plans for the future.
Besides pandemic planning information, there is policy and guideline information linked from the Church’s General Handbook specific to Church activities. “This is important to know,” Rogers said, “especially with all the changes to the youth program.” There is a new FAQ section to help members know how to plan, prepare for, and carry out appropriate Church-sponsored activities.
Visit the updated Safety and Health web page safety.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to learn more about the following topics:
- Pandemic Planning: Home and Family Preparedness
- Pandemic Planning: Sheltering-in-Place
- Pandemic Planning: Social Distancing
- Pandemic Planning: Infectious Disease Cleanup
- Pandemic Planning: Personal Protective Equipment
- Pandemic Planning: Personal Hygiene
- Pandemic Planning: Checklist for Ecclesiastical Leaders