Performances to Begin for Savior of the World
- 18 November - 31 December 2011
- The play depicts the events surrounding Christ’s birth and Resurrection.
- The play runs from November 18 through December 31, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Tickets cost $5 (US) for matinee performances and $8 for evening performances.
- Purchase tickets at ChurchofJesusChrist.org/events.
The musical drama Savior of the World, which focuses on the birth and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, is returning to the Conference Center Theater on Temple Square this Christmas season. The play features a volunteer cast of actors and singers who share their testimonies of Christ using song and dialogue.
Showings will be offered nightly, Tuesday through Saturday, at 7:30 p.m. from November 18 through December 31, with additional matinee performances at 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
There will be an accessible performance for those who are deaf, blind, or disabled, on Saturday, December 3, at 2:00 p.m.
Tickets for the event are available online at ChurchofJesusChrist.org/events, by phone at 801-570-0080 or toll-free at 866-LDS-TIKS, or in person at the Temple Square ticket office at Door 4 of the Conference Center.
There will be no performances on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, or from December 12 through December 17.
Tickets are $5 (US) for matinee performances and $8 for evening performances.
Savior of the World is in its 12th year of production and is known for its moving, two-act depiction of the events surrounding the Savior’s birth and His glorious Resurrection. The play is shaped around the scriptural accounts found in both the New Testament and the Book of Mormon. A unique feature of the production is the portrayal of the spirit world throughout the show. Standing atop a pillared balcony on stage, angels dressed in white robes watch the eventful scenes below.
Jay Clark, producer of the event, said that the angels serve as a theatrical reminder to patrons that they are not alone.
“At the end of the play, the audience is charged to go to all the world to bear witness of Christ,” he added.
- Tickets are required for this event. All performances typically sell out.
- An additional $1.50 (US) will be added to each ticket for all Internet purchases.
- Seating will be general admission. Guests are encouraged to arrive early, as seats will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The ticket office is open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- There are no refunds or exchanges on tickets.
- Children ages eight and older are welcome at all performances.
- Wheelchair seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform the ticket office when they obtain tickets or inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event.
- Photographing and audio or video recording any portion of the production is strictly prohibited. Patrons should not bring cameras or recording devices to the performance hall.
- Sunday dress is encouraged.
- Patrons should turn off pagers, cellular phones, and similar electronic devices during the performance.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in performance halls.
- Patrons may not bring packages or backpacks into performance halls.
- Those attending the production should consider traffic congestion, plan to arrive early, and park in designated parking areas only. On the day of each performance, free parking is available under the Conference Center by showing the event ticket to the parking attendant.
- The Conference Center Theater doors will open 60 minutes before each performance start time. Ticket holders are requested to be in their seats no later than 10 minutes before the performance begins. The length of the performance is approximately two hours.