The broadcast will be available for on-demand viewing on ChurchofJesusChrist.org, tabchoir.org/95thcelebration, and youtube.com/thetabernaclechoirattemplesquare imediately following the live broadcast in English, French, German, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish, and ASL.
BYUtv will rebroadcast the event on byutv.org at Sunday, September 8, 2019, at 4:30 p.m. (2330 UTC).
Family, friends, and associates from around the world are invited to join in a celebration of President Russell M. Nelson’s 95th birthday on Friday, September 6, at 8:00 p.m. mountain daylight time at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City.
Latter-day Saint performing artists Jenny Oaks Baker & Family Four, GENTRI, The Bonner Family, Nathan Pacheco, and Donny Osmond will join The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square for the evening celebration on Friday, September 6, 2019.
Grammy-nominated violinist Jenny Oaks Baker and her four children—three on string instruments and one on piano—compose Jenny Oaks Baker & Family Four, with performances all over the world to their credit.
The Bonner Family consists of eight Bonner siblings and their parents, all talented vocalists, who perform and record together.
GENTRI, The Gentlemen Trio, comprises three tenors: Brad Robins, Casey Elliott, and Bradley Quinn Lever. Their three-part harmonies have been pleasing audiences since 2014.
Nathan Pacheco is a classically trained tenor who has made a name for himself as a crossover artist, performing in both the United States and abroad. He has a number of CD releases to his credit.
Donny Osmond is a versatile singer, dancer, actor, recording producer, and TV star. He has a string of gold records and is completing an 11-year run of a show with his sister, Marie, to sold-out crowds nightly.
The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square are musical ambassadors for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Their weekly broadcast of Music & the Spoken Word is celebrating 90 years of continuous broadcasting.
The birthday celebration will share insights into the life, ministry, and service of President Nelson. Videos will focus on how his career, family, and ministry have shaped who he is as a special witness of Jesus Christ. Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy, a former sportscaster and professional football quarterback, and Ruth Todd, a former television news anchor, will emcee the concert celebration.
Free tickets for this event will be available on ChurchofJesusChrist.org/events beginning July 30 at 9:00 a.m. and will be limited to two tickets per individual.
- Free tickets are required for this event, with a limit of two tickets per request.
- There is an age limit of eight years and older.
- On Tuesday, July 30, 2019, tickets may be obtained over the internet or by calling 801-570-0080 (locally) or toll-free 1-866-537-8457 (1-866-LDS-TIKS) beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Based on availability, tickets may be obtained in person at the ticket office located at door 4 of the Conference Center. The ticket office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Patrons without tickets are encouraged to join the standby line by the flagpole on Temple Square for last-minute seating, which is often available.
- Seating will be general admission.
- Tickets are required for this event. Those with tickets should be in their seats 30 minutes before the event start time.
- For this event in the Conference Center, admission is open to those ages eight (8) and older.
- Ambulatory seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event.
- Patrons should not bring cameras or audio- or video-recording devices into the performance halls. Photographs are not permitted during the performance.
- Sunday dress is encouraged.
- Patrons should turn off pagers, cellular phones, and similar electronic devices during the performance.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in performance halls.
- Event venues will not be accepting or storing any personal items. Large bags, backpacks, and packages are prohibited. Small bags and purses will be allowed into the event but will be screened.
- Those attending the production should consider traffic congestion, plan to arrive early, and park in designated parking areas only.
- The Conference Center doors will open 90 minutes before the performance start time.
- The length of the performance is approximately 90 minutes.