All Members Invited to Participate in October General Conference
- 1-2 October 2011
- The 181st Semiannual General Conference will take place on Saturday and Sunday, October 1 and 2, 2011.
- General sessions will be held on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., followed by the priesthood session at 6:00 p.m., mountain daylight time.
- Two more general sessions will be held on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. mountain daylight time.
- To watch or listen to past conference addresses visit the General Conference section of ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
- Prepare for yourself and your family for general conference with these ideas.
- Tickets to attend in the Conference Center can be obtained through local Church leaders (for members in the U.S. and Canada) or through the Conference Center Ticket Office (for members living in other countries).
- Guidelines for attending in person are available online.
The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles invite all members of the Church to participate in the 181st Semiannual General Conference on Saturday and Sunday, October 1 and 2, 2011.
Messages will be given by the First Presidency, members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and other General Authorities and general officers of the Church.
General sessions will be held on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., followed by the priesthood session at 6:00 p.m. mountain daylight time. Two more general sessions will be held on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. mountain daylight time; the morning session includes the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word.
The preceding week, on September 24, 2011, the general Relief Society meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. mountain daylight time.
Members can watch conference in their meetinghouses or in their homes.
For viewing conference at local meetinghouses, check with local leaders on availability of the broadcast by satellite or Internet feed.
Live broadcasts will be available at the following locations:
- Conference.ChurchofJesusChrist.org: video and audio in multiple languages
- Mormonchannel.org and Mormon Channel mobile apps: video and audio in English only
- BYU.tv: video and audio in multiple languages
- Facebook.com/LDS: video in English only (Choose “General Conference” from the left menu.)
- Roku Channel: video only in multiple languages (Search for general conference under the “Spiritual” category.)
In addition, many local cable and radio stations make the conference readily available. Visit www.bonneville.info for broadcast information or check local listings.
Tickets to attend conference can be obtained through local Church leaders for members living in the United States or Canada. Visitors from other countries who wish to attend conference may obtain tickets at the Conference Center Ticket Office, located at door 5 of the Conference Center, from September 26 through October 2, 2011. They will need to show both a passport and form I-94 to receive tickets. Guidelines for those attending in person can be found online.
The Conference Center doors open 90 minutes before each conference session. Tickets ensure a seat in the Conference Center until 30 minutes before the session begins. During the last 30 minutes seats are made available to those in the standby line. Only those eight years of age or older are admitted.
Inviting Others to Participate
The Church’s Facebook page includes a General Conference event that members can use to invite their friends and associates to participate in conference. In addition, the General Conference link in the left menu can be used to embed a video stream of general conference onto a personal blog or website.
Within 24 hours after a conference session concludes, video and audio files of that session will be available in 12 languages in video format and in more than 70 languages in audio format. The Thursday following general conference, text of all talks will be posted in English at conference.ChurchofJesusChrist.org. The November issue of the Liahona and Ensign will feature conference addresses. More information on what and when conference materials become available can be accessed online.
To watch or listen to past conference addresses visit the General Conference sectionof ChurchofJesusChrist.org.