“Garage-Sale Service” (February 2020 Friend)TeAroha P., age 9, from Texas, shares how she earned money to donate to the Church Humanitarian Aid Fund.
- “Go and Do” (February 2020 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares a story about a Relief Society president he knew as a child who helped others. Includes some ideas for ways children can help now.
- “Ellie Helps Clean the Church” (December 2018 Friend)
A story of a young girl who helps her family clean the church building. Includes a simple activity.
- “Carl’s Christmas Gift” (December 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Carl does all the chores on the farm early on Christmas so his family can enjoy the morning together.
- “Saved from the Mud” (December 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Adilson de Paula Parrella of the Seventy shares how when he was a boy his family would invite neighbors whose homes were flooded to sleep in their home. Includes a hidden picture activity.
- “The Great Family Shoe Hunt” (October 2019 Friend)
Cameron’s family goes on a hunt to look for shoes they can donate to people who lost their homes in a flood.
- “A Green-Bean Christmas” (December 2018 Friend)
Peter remembers the true meaning of Christmas as he and his family spend Christmas evening serving dinner to at the homeless shelter.
- “The Snow-Shovel Squad” (November 2018 Friend)
Gavin and his family shovel an elderly neighbor’s driveway every time it snows.
- “Thanks and Giving” (November 2018 Friend)
Kate’s family decides to makes blankets for hospital patients with the money their grandmother gives them at Thanksgiving.
- “Chalk Service” (November 2018 Friend)
Nathan H., age 10, shares how a talk at church inspired him to start a service club.
- “Adam’s Big Green Cast” (January 2018 Friend)
After his brother breaks his leg and has to be in a cast, Matthew plays with him and makes him happy.
- “Ammon Served” (May 2016 Friend)
A Book of Mormon hero card and some basic information about Ammon.
- “Babysitting Blues” (July 2015 Friend)
A girl learns she can enjoy babysitting. Comes with tips.
- “Baseballs and Service” (September 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells a story of when he did service for his elderly neighbor when he was a boy.
- “Best Camp Ever!” (July 2017 Friend)
A boy tells about how he and his friend, who is blind, helped each other at Scout camp.
- “The Big-Brother Trap!” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Megan wants revenge… until she sees how her older brother is serving her.
- “Big Hearts Busy Hands” (September 2015 Friend)
A photo story about some Activity Day Girls in Arizona who planned fun service projects and included their neighbors.
- “Bobby’s Birthday Surprise” (Sept 2013 Friend)
Bobby decides to do Charlotte’s chores for her birthday.
- “Buckets of Mud” (June 2016 Friend)
Tayson helps his dad and other members of their stake clean mud out of people’s basements after a big storm.
- “The Candy Plan” (October 2015 Friend)
Josh shares his Halloween candy with others.
- “Cards and Caring” (May 2018 Friend)
Brady, from California, made cards to raise money to help other children.
- “Caring and Coconuts” (September 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Lui and his family, who live in Tonga, share food they grow with those in need.
- “Chocolate Cake” (January 2012 Friend)
When Elizabeth earns some extra money, she thinks about buying things for herself but decides to use the money to make others happy.
- “Christmas Eve with the Córdobas” (December 2015 Liahona and Friend)
A girl tells about bringing Christmas cheer to a needy family even when she didn’t think her own family had anything to give.
- “The Christmas Surprise” (December 2013 Friend)
There weren’t many coins in our Christmas jar—how would we help a family in need?
- “The Coat” (March 2012 Friend)
An illustrated story about President Heber J. Grant when he gave away his new coat to help a needy boy who was cold.
- “Coats and New Friends” (November 2015 Friend)
Matej helps collect coats for children in his city whose families are refugees from Burma.
- “Connor to the Rescue!” (January 2015 Friend)
Connor decides to give his toy money to humanitarian aid.
- “Darren’s Friend” (February 2012 Friend)
A young boy gives food and his coat to a friend who needs them.
- “Diabetic? Not Alone” (August 2015 Friend)
Matthew helps others become aware of diabetes shares his talents in the process.
- “Double the Service, Double the Fun!” (December 2015 Friend)
Sam and Caleb, from Canada, find lots of fun ways to serve others, including volunteering at a seniors’ home.
- “Dreams and Dolphins” (October 2015 Friend)
Ellie was born with a disease that resulted in one leg growing shorter than the other. Here’s how she serves and inspires.
- “Dylan’s Saturday Surprise” (June 2012 Friend)
Dylan doesn’t want to wake up early to clean the church, but he feels blessed when he realizes he’s cleaning the Lord’s house.
- “Early-Morning Rescue” (June 2013 Friend)
Dustin helps his father rescue strangers in the middle of the night.
- “Emily’s Lawn Service” (June 2015 Friend)
Emily earns money by mowing lawns to give to a family with medical expenses.
- “Eternal Service Project” (May 2005 Friend)
Keri thinks an elderly woman is trying to make a service project last forever, but learns that the woman just wants someone to visit her.
- “Fasting for Vanuatu!” (September 2015 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring was moved by hearing of the storm damaged island of Vanuatu to pay his fast offering early so it might help the hungry, homeless and lonely.
- “Feed My Sheep”(April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl comforts an elderly woman who is going in for surgery. Includes a finding activity.
- “Feeling Better” (February 2014 Friend)
Laura feels happy after sharing a cookie with Whitney.
- “Finding Ways to Help” (February 2015 Friend)
Zack runs a lemonade stand to raise money for wheelchairs.
- “Floods and Fluffy” (March 2015 Friend)
Jayden donates a favorite toy to disaster relief.
- “Following Jesus: Be Helpful” (June 2014 Liahona and Friend)
- “Following Paw Prints” (January 2018 Friend)
A rebus story about Derek following paw prints and helping neighbors along the way. Includes a simple activity.
- “Food Drive Fun” (July 2015 Friend)
Micaela ran a race, gathered food and sorted it to help her stake’s food drive.
- For Little Friends: “Big Enough” (May 2014 Friend)
Carlos is big enough to help around the house.
- For Little Friends: “I’ll Walk with You” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Illustrations for the Primary song “I’ll Walk with You."
- “A Friend for Grandma” (May 2014 Friend)
Dana loved to read stories to her grandmother.
- “Friendship Adds Up” (September 2015 Friend)
Kyle and Ricky help each other learn different subjects in school, and become friends in the process.
- “Friends of All Ages” (April 2015 Friend)
Tyler follows Jesus by helping elderly neighbors.
- “A Generous Man” (December 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) used his wealth to bless his family, neighbors, and even strangers.
- “Gloves for a Shepherd” (December 2013 Friend)
A girl talks about sharing her gloves with a boy who was cold.
- “Going on an Errand for the Lord” (January 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about how Heavenly Father answered another’s prayer through him.
- “Grandma Emily’s Chickens” (March 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Rachel learns that when we serve others, we’re often answering people’s prayers and serving Heavenly Father.
- “Grandma’s Feather Blizzard” (August 2012 Friend)
Joshua helps his grandma clean the house before his parents bring the new baby home.
- “Growing in the Garden” (June 2012 Friend)
Matt doesn’t want to weed his grandparents’ garden, but he discoveries the joys of working and serving.
- “Happy to Help” (October 2015 Friend)
William and his siblings help their neighbor rake leaves.
- “A Heart Filled With Love” (February 2013 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about a day of service.
- “A Heart for Sisters” (May 2017 Friend)
Sophie loves to serve her sisters—including her friends, mom, and grandma, who are all her sisters as children of God.
- “A Helper Like You” (February 2019 Friend)
A story for young children about a girl who watches her brother helping neighbors and then her. Includes an activity to help children recognize how they can help others.
- “Helping Feed the Savior’s Lambs” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of the Savior’s role as a shepherd, as well as information about caring for lambs. Includes coloring pictures about how to help the Savior's lambs.
- “Helping on the Farm” (May 2018 Friend)
A rebus story about Liam and how he uses his eyes and ears to help out on the farm.
- “How can I learn to be a good example?” (February 2015 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott shares thoughts on the subject.
- “It’s Your Turn” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Bishop Gary E. Stevenson, presiding bishop, relates preparation for the Olympics with preparation for life.
- “Jesus Brings Lazarus Back to Life” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Summary of the story of Jesus Christ bringing Lazarus back to life. Includes a scripture matching activity.
- “Jesus Heals a Leper” (April 2015 Liahona and Friend)
A lesson and activity to teach this scripture story.
- “Jesus Teaches How to Treat Others” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A re-telling of the parable of the good Samaritan.
- “Junior Helping Hands” (May 2018 Friend)
Autumn C., age 8, shares how she helped collect school supplies to send to children affected by a hurricane.
- “Learning to Serve Others” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Stories of how President Thomas S. Monson’s family performed service and set a good example for him as a boy.
- “The Lemonade Stand That Changed Everything” (August 2018 Friend)
A girl is scared after learning about a terrorist attack, but serving helps her to feel better.
- “Lessons from the Prophet Joseph” (February 2014 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about how Joseph Smith served others.
- “A Lullaby for Nana” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Tanner shares his CD with his grandma to help her fall asleep.
- “Macaroni Helper” (November 2015 Friend)
Ari learns he can make a difference when he goes with his family to help out at a food bank.
- “Magnolia and Mia” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl interprets for a friend who doesn’t speak Spanish.
- “Making Dolls, Making Friends” (June 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Jackson, from Germany, and his family make dolls and bring clothes and toys to refugees in camps in their country.
- “Making Music in Uganda” (April 2014 Friend and June 2014 Liahona)
A Primary-aged boy is the ward chorister.
- “Matt & Mandy” (September 2015 Friend)
The Coopers have a tradition of doing a secret act of service every week.
- “Matt and Mandy” (April 2015 Friend)
Matt stops riding his bike to help his neighbor.
- “Max and Mia Save the Day” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Siblings Max and Mia are service super heroes! A story for young children.
- “Miles and Miles of Smiles” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Marcus learns that he doesn’t have to grow up to serve people.
- “Mommy’s Flower Garden” (January 2015 Friend)
Joshua helps his mother feel better by coloring a garden for her.
- “The New Adventures of Matt & Mandy” (December 2013 Friend)
Matt and Mandy ask their parents to spend Christmas money on friends in need instead of buying them lots of gifts.
- “Not Alone” (January 2013 Friend)
A boy is comforted when his bishop visits him in the hospital.
- “Notes for Sister Puckett” (December 2019 Friend)
Tyler, who will be ordained a deacon soon, learns what it means to minister from his dad, who ministers to a sister in their ward.
- “One Grumpy Neighbor” (April 2014 Liahona and Friend)
How could Mason and Andrew turn a grumpy neighbor into a friend?
- “Our Page” (February 2012 Liahona)
Features a boy from Brazil who spent a Sunday afternoon reading to his lonely grandmother.
- “Our Page” (June 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Argentina who helped her family clean a neighbor’s yard.
- “The Parable of the Talents” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Jesus taught us to use and improve our talents. Includes an idea for a family activity.
- “The Parade Prize” (July 2014 Friend)
Matthew’s favorite part of the parade wasn’t what he saw but what he did.
- “Prepared to Serve” (July 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Eduardo Gavarret of the Seventy learned how to serve as a young boy.
- “President Ballard Visits Texas, USA” (January 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles visits Texas to help after a hurricane.
- “Puppies and Bottle Caps” (June 2015 Friend)
A photo story about Ashton, who coordinates community service such as visiting sick and lonely people.
- “Reading for Wheelchairs” (March 2017 Friend)
Sam C., age 5, shares how he used reading to earn money to donate wheelchairs.
- “Salsa Service” (January 2017 Friend)
Brooks earned money so he could buy supplies for refugees.
- “Save Her!” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A story of when 11-year-old President Monson rescued a girl on the Provo River.
- “Secret Service Sisters” (November 2017 Friend)
Identical twins Talei and Phoebe share some things they have done to perform secret service.
- “Service for Suzie” (May 2019 Friend)
Ophélie and her family bring dinner, muffins, and some flowers to their neighbor who had eye surgery.
- “The Service Club” (July 2018 Friend)
Bella R., age 11, shares how she and her siblings started a service club to do nice things for their neighbors.
- “Serving Heavenly Father” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Kevin helps his older brother and sister get ready to go to the temple. Includes two activities.
- “Serving Mrs. Burrows” (December 2012 Friend)
Elder Michael T. Ringwood of the Seventy sharing how he learned to love an elderly neighbor by helping his mother serve the woman.
- “Sharing Christmas” (December 2011 Friend)
Sarah learns that giving away something important to her helps her to be like Jesus.
- “Sharing Snacks and Smiles” (January 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Meet Sam and Anastasia, who try to shine their light by sharing with others. They made snack kits for people who are homeless.
- “Showing Love through Service” (February 2015 Friend)
President Monson learned to and gave service as a child. Includes activities on how we can give service.
- “Sincerely, Maisy: A Muddy Thanksgiving” (November 2017 Friend)
Maisy writes in her journal about her Thanksgiving, which didn’t turn out according to her plan, but was still a great day because she got to help others.
- “S.O.C.K.S. Rock” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Sydney become a “Sisters of Courage, Kindness and Service” and made a pair of crazy socks to remind her.
- “A Special Pigeon” (April 2013 Friend)
While raising pigeons, a young President Monson learns about serving others.
- “Straw for the Manger”(December 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy enjoys adding a piece of straw to the manger each time he does a good deed during the Christmas season.
- “The Talents Team” (October 2018 Friend)
Meet some girls who are using their talents for good.
- “Thanks for Your Helping Hands!” (November 2015 Friend)
Children from around the world share what they have done to help in their families and communities.
- “Three Milkshakes for Malachi” (February 2013 Friend)
Cole gets discouraged when he keeps dropping the milkshakes he is trying to bring to his sick friend.
- “A Tree for Travis” (December 2016 Friend)
Jacqueline finds and decorates a small Christmas tree to give to her friend who lives in a small trailer.
- “Two Million Helping Hands” (June 2012 Friend)
Children around the world share how they have served others.
- “Wake-Up Calls” (November 2012 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring invites us to heed the Savior’s call to help those in need. Includes a word search activity.
- “Warming Up to the Lindsays” (December 2013 Friend)
Karen learns how to love her neighbors when they visit for Christmas.
- “We’ll Carry You!” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Young women offer to carry a friend on a hike when they learn she couldn't participate otherwise.
- “Welcome to Cousin Camp” (June 2017 Friend)
Carson and his cousins perform acts of service while having their cousin camp at grandma’s house.
- “Where Is Jesus?” (March 2015 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares a message about Jesus Christ.
- “Why is it important to serve others?” (July 2011 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks teaches about service.
- “The Woodpile” (December 2015 Friend)
Grant, age 11, shares how his attitude changed after his family gave away wood he wanted to keep to help another family stay warm.
- “You are the Savior’s Hands” (January 2015 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches us that we are the Savior’s hands as we extend our love to others.
- “All Aboard the Friend Ship!” (February 2015 Friend)
We can follow Jesus’ example and be a good friend to others. Here’s a game you can play with friends.
- “A Big Helper” (May 2014 Friend)
How many things can you find that Carlos could help with?
- “Birthday Bags” (March 2019 Friend)
An idea for helping others feel extra love on their birthday by donating birthday bags to a hospital or crisis center.
- “Christmas Service” (December 2010 Friend)
Find people doing service on Temple Square.
- Coloring Page: “Because I am His Child, I will serve God with all my heart, might, mind, and strength.” (October 2008 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Following Jesus” (January 2015 Friend)
Children follow the Savior by sharing and helping other children.
- Coloring Page: “I Can Help My Family” (September 2016 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I’m Trying to Love My Neighbor” (October 2015 Friend)
Color a family collecting food for the food bank.
- Coloring Page: “My family and I can serve others.” (November 2009 Friend)
- Family Home Evening Idea: Searching for Service
Read “Adam’s Big Green Cast” (January 2018 Friend) with your family. Then on slips of paper, write down examples of people who need help, like “Your neighbor is sick” or “Your friend is sad.” Have everyone leave while you hide the papers around the room. Call everyone back, and let the search begin! When someone finds a card, have them say how they would help that person. When all the papers are found, explain that when we look, we can find lots of ways to help!
- “Fixing a Bike” (November 2015 Friend)
Find the hidden items in this illustration of a girl helping her younger brother fix his bike.
- “Fun Service” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Find two matching pictures of these children doing service.
- “Give Us a Hand!” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
We can follow the Savior’s example to love and serve others.
- “Help Ellie Find Jacob” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Help Ellie find toys along the maze to share with Jacob.
- “Helping A Neighbor” (September 2012 Friend)
Decide the correct order for these pictures and figure out a word the pictures describe.
- “An Important Lesson” (October 2011 Friend)
These Primary children are learning an important lesson but need help finding the right tools.
- “June Service Box” (June 2012 Friend)
Make a service box by writing service ideas on slips of paper and completing them throughout the month.
- “The Magical Marvelous Magnificent Club” (June 2014 Liahona and Friend)
A skit where friends discover it is more fun to give service.
- “Many Mighty Miracles” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Match the scripture references with the pictures of Christ’s miracles. Includes a summary of the story of Jesus and Lazarus.
- “Service Project” (November 2009 Friend)
Find hidden pictures in this illustration of two boys cleaning up around their meetinghouse.
- “Service Survey” (March 2019 Friend)
Here’s a quick survey you could use to come up with ways to help people.
- “Serving Like Christ” (April 2009 Friend)
Look for words about service in this word search.
- “Serving Others Hidden Picture” (May 2011 Friend)
Find hidden pictures and color this page showing children giving cookies and bread to their neighbor.
- “Singing Service” (September 2013 Friend)
Match the notes of the singing children with the correct letters and fill in the blanks.
- “Winter Service Hidden Pictures” (February 2012 Friend)
Find hidden pictures on this illustration of a family who shoveled snow and left cookies for a neighbor.
- Book of Mormon Scripture Figures: “Ammon, a Great Servant” (May 2012 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “When we’re helping we’re happy, and we sing as we go.” (August 2016 Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Good Samaritan”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Washing Apostles Feet”
- Music: “‘Give,’ Said the Little Stream” (Children’s Songbook, 236)
- Music: “A Happy Helper” (Children’s Songbook, 197)
- Music: “Follow the Prophet” (Children’s Songbook, p.110)
- Music: “I Feel My Savior’s Love” (Children’s Songbook, 74)
- Music: “I Like My Birthdays” (Children’s Songbook, p. 104)
- Music: “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus” (Children’s Songbook, 78)
- Music: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Poster: “At my age, what can I do to make the world a better place?” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I Want to Be Baptized” (July 2005 Friend)
- Video: “A Playground for Carly”
Children help build a playground that all the children can play on.
- Video: For Little Friends, “A Sweet Melodee”
Melodee helps her brother when he gets hurt.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Feed My Sheep”
Olivia makes a homemade card to serve a neighbor.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Mom’s Surprise Helper”
Marcus saves the day when his mom gets tired.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Super-Fast Service”
Truman helps plan a Thanksgiving surprise for his neighbors.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Unselfish Service”
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Dayton’s Legs”
- Video: “Pass It On”
Children heed President Monson’s call to serve.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 35: The Good Samaritan”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 19: The Ten Commandments”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 40: Daniel and His Friends”
- Video: “The Coat”
A true story about service from the childhood of President Heber J. Grant.