“The Best Hug Ever!” (January 2020 Liahona and Friend)Ellie misses her mom when she goes to Primary but feels comforted by hugging her scriptures.
“A Kind Primary Class” (February 2020 Friend)Jayden P., age 10, from Idaho, shares how he was welcomed when he was a visitor in another ward.
- “Guiding You Home” (July 2011 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring tells of a time his son got lost while walking home. Includes an activity and information about the Primary teacher who helped create the “CTR” motto for the Church.
- “Happy Birthday, Primary!” (August 2018 Friend)
A crossword puzzle with facts about the organization of the Primary.
- “A New Sunbeam” (December 2019 Friend)
Hugo goes to Primary for the first time. Includes a simple finding activity.
- “Matt and Mandy” (November 2015 Friend)
Mandy and her friend realize their part in the Primary program is important because they can be an example for the younger children.
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Helping New Sunbeams” (December 2019 Friend)
Some ideas for helping children transition from nursery to Primary.
- “Pretend Primary” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Sophie holds pretend Primary when she is too sick to attend church.
- “Primary Pianists” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Children talk about playing the piano for their ward’s Primary sacrament meeting presentation.
- “Primary Then and Now” (August 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Fun facts about Primary over the years.
- “Primary with the Prophet” (November 2017 Friend)
Sam and Martha are too sick to go to church. How will they have Primary?
- “The Restoration Puzzle” (December 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Anna gives a talk on the Restoration in Primary by using puzzle pieces to represent parts of the gospel that were lost and then restored.
- “Right-Hand Man” (November 2012 Friend)
Cory feels like he’s too old for Primary, but he learns he is just the right age to help out.
- “Too Old for Primary” (November 2007 Friend)
Jason feels like he has outgrown Primary, but he listens to the Spirit and learns he still has some things to learn.
- “Waiting for Ian” (June 2019 Liahona and Friend)
After Ian is injured in an accident, his ward postpones the Primary program until he can participate.
- “We’re Going to Primary” (September 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Robert R. Steuer of the Seventy joined the church after his friends invited him to Primary.
- “You Are a Child of God” (May 2003 Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) shares a special message with the children of the world about Primary and our loving Heavenly Father.
- “For Young Children: Miguel’s New Primary” (March 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story and finding activity about a boy who begins attending a new ward.
- “How Primary Came to Be” (August 1986 Friend)
A play about Primary’s origins.
- Poem: “I Like to Sing” (September 2016 Friend)