- “Missing Mom and Dad” (March 2019 Friend)
Dylan is worried about missing his parents when they go away for a trip and leave him at his grandparents’ house.
- “1-2-3! We’re Here to Help!” (May 2013 Friend)
Tyler and Trey learn how they can honor and help their mother.
- “A Buggy for Mom” (May 2016 Friend)
Joseph earns money to buy a special gift to help his mother.
- “An Extra-Special Present” (January 2017 Friend)
Hadley doesn’t have any money to buy her mom a birthday present, so she writes her a poem instead.
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Sad Feelings on Mother’s and Father’s Day” (June 2019 Friend)
Some ideas for what to do for children who may not have a mom or dad at home.
- “The Gecko Rescue” (May 2017 Friend)
Andrea sews her mom’s beanbag gecko when she notices there is a hole in it.
- “Goodly Grandparents” (July 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Andrew is nervous about Bring-a-Parent-to-School Day because he lives with his grandparents.
- “The Great Fiddling Duo” (May 2016 Friend)
Lisa is nervous to play her violin in the talent show, but feels better once her mom agrees to play with her.
- “I am a daughter of God. Who can be my role model as I grow up?” (May 2011 Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles tells girls to model themselves after their mothers.
- “Lessons from Mother” (October 2016 Friend)
Elder Jairo Mazzagardi of the Seventy shares some things he learned from his mother, including honesty and paying tithing.
- “The Lookout Girls” (July 2011 Friend)
Amy and Becca decide to help their mom remember things she might forget while taking care of their new baby brother.
- “Love Spoken” (April 2016 Friend)
Cassie makes a tape recording for her mom to listen to so she won’t feel alone while she’s home sick.
- “Many Hands Make Light Work” (May 2012 Friend)
Lizzy and her siblings come to the rescue after their mom hurts her hand.
- “The Most Important Job” (May 2011 Friend)
Includes a recipe for a Mother’s Day parfait.
- “Mother’s Day for Mrs. Martin” (May 2004 Friend)
Sarah decides to make Mother’s Day special for her neighbor who has no children and whose mother and grandmothers have already passed away.
- “A Mother’s Influence” (April 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Carlos H. Amado of the Seventy shares some memories of the influence his mother had on him and their large family.
- “Our Page” (August 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Brazil who feels happy when she helps her mother.
- “The Present Problem” (May 2018 Friend)
Sophie wants to make Mother’s Day special, but she doesn’t have any money for a present, so she makes her mom special coupons instead.
- “Rememering Mothers” (May 2013 Friend)
Stories about the mothers of some of the latter-day prophets.
- “Sarah’s Mother’s Day Gift” (May 1995 Friend)
Sarah gives her mother a special gift on Mother’s Day by helping her younger brother during sacrament meeting.
- “Serving Mrs. Burrows” (December 2012 Friend)
Elder Michael T. Ringwood of the Seventy shares how his mother taught him to serve others.
- “Showing the Love in Your Heart” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a poem about showing love to your mother by helping her.
- “Spencer’s Mother” (May 2007 Friend)
Stories about President Spencer W. Kimball (1895-1985) and his mother.
- “Women Are Important in the Church!” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “Women of Faith” (May 2007 Friend)
Elder John B. Dickson of the Seventy tells about of the faith of his mother and other women in his family.
- Image Collection: “Motherhood”
- Music: “A Happy Family” (Children’s Songbook, 198)
- Music: “Dearest Mother, I Love You” (Children’s Songbook, 206)
- Music: “I Often Go Walking” (Children’s Songbook, 202)
- Music: “Love Is Spoken Here” (Children’s Songbook, 190)
- Music: “Mother Dear” (Children’s Songbook, 206)
- Music: “Mother, Tell Me the Story” (Children’s Songbook, 204)
- Music: “Mother, I Love You” (Children’s Songbook, 207)
- Music: “Quickly I’ll Obey” (Children’s Songbook, 197)
- Music: “The Dearest Names” (Children’s Songbook, 208)
- Music: “When We’re Helping” (Children’s Songbook, 198)
- Poem: “My Mother’s Hands” (May 2010 Friend)