- “Above the Line” (May 2013 Friend)
Robert’s family turns off a TV show when the people in the show start telling rude jokes.
- “Aim for the Best” (August 2015 Friend)
Guidelines to help you make good choices in everyday decisions.
- “Always Ready” (February 2012 Friend)
Jeffrey faces many choices throughout the day, but the Spirit prompts him to choose the right media as he listens to the radio and plays computer games.
- “The Bad Movie” (June 2013 Friend and Liahona)
Evelyn decides to watch things only pleasing to Heavenly Father when her class chooses a movie to watch.
- “The Best Coach” (October 2009 Friend)
Jacob leaves a team party at his coach’s home when his team starts looking at magazines with inappropriate pictures.
- “Birthday Standards” (August 2010 Friend)
Lisa speaks up about bad music playing at a friend’s birthday party.
- “Choose the Right Media” (April 2012 Friend)
Guidelines on choosing appropriate entertainment. Includes stories from a couple of children.
- “Crash and Tell” (June 2011 Friend and Liahona)
Connor quickly turns off computer and tells his parents after he sees some bad pictures on the Internet.
- “Fast Friends” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Diego decides to make a good media decision even when it might cost him his new friend.
- “Finding Help” (February 2014 Friend)
Tate can’t get a bad image he saw on television out of his head until the Holy Ghost tells him to talk to his parents.
- “Flipping Channels” (September 2015 Friend)
A girl decides to write in her journal instead of watching a movie she didn’t feel good about.
- “Forts and Friendship” (January 2018 Friend)
Callie’s friend Marco goes to a different church, but she likes that she never has to worry that Marco will swear, try to get her to do bad things, or watch things that aren’t good.
- “Goodbye to Scary Stories” (June 2016 Friend)
A girl decides to stop reading scary stories after she realizes they don’t make her feel good inside.
- “The Hidden Video Game” (August 2016 Friend)
Ava and her brother decide they should stop playing a video game that doesn’t make them feel good.
- “How Are Your E-Manners?” (June 2010 Friend and Liahona)
A quiz to help children recognize good technology decisions.
- “How Can We Stay Free?” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Seventy teaches about how good choices will help us stay free.
- “In the Zone” (January 2011 Friend)
Aubrey decides to spend less time watching TV after she realizes she is watching it too much.
- “Jason’s Escape” (August 2009 Friend and Liahona)
A boy learns that the Spirit can warn us of bad media when a friend wants to play an inappropriate video game. Includes ten tips for being media smart.
- “Just a Little Violence?” (August 2007 Liahona and New Era)
A young man learns how watching violent movies affects him.
- “The Lookout Tower” (June 2015 Friend)
David found out it was good to take a break from video games to build a tree fort.
- “Matt and Mandy” (August 2016 Friend)
Mandy learns that taking the garbage out of your brain isn’t easy.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (February 2014 Friend)
Matt tells his friend Austin how he has time limit for playing video games.
- “The Next Level” (January 2017 Friend)
Max is much happier after following his mom’s advice to not play video games for a week.
- “Oh No! Now What?” (February 2014 Friend)
Ideas for what you can do when you see something that you know is not good.
- “The No-Phone Zone” (March 2019 Friend)
Tyler’s grandma collects all the phones during dinner at their family reunion so that they can focus on talking to each other.
- Question Corner: “My friends sometimes use their phones to look at bad pictures. What should I do?” (November 2017 Friend)
- “Quiet Time” (November 2003 Friend)
Elder R. Conrad Shultz of the Seventy encourages us to disconnect from the media and find quiet time to think and talk to Heavenly Father.
- “The Ratings Rule” (February 2013 Friend and Liahona)
Ethan decides not to play a game with a rating that his family has a rule about not playing.
- “Standing Strong” (October 2015 Friend)
Erik chooses to walk out of a party.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (January 2012 Friend)
Features a boy from Canada who closed a comic book with violent pictures.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus: A Movie Choice” (February 2011 Friend)
Daniel asks to change movies after a bad movie is put on in a friend’s car.
- “Unplugged” (February 2012 Friend and Liahona)
Three families share how they balance media time with other activities.
- “A Voice of Warning” (August 2007 Friend and Liahona)
Tad finds a pornographic magazine in a garbage can. He takes it home, but then he feels bad and decides not to look at the pictures.
- “With so many bad things around, how can I keep good thoughts in my mind?” (November 2012 Friend)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “Friends and Faith” (July 2017 Friend)
Gary P., age 11, shares how he had a bad feeling when his friends starting watching an inappropriate video on a cell phone.