Messages from Leaders
- "Different but the Same" (October 2018 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches that we can find common ground and have love for those from different backgrounds. Includes fill-in-the-blank activities.
- “Does Heavenly Father love members of the Church more than He loves other people?” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Quentin L. Cook testifies that God loves all His children.
- “Friend to Friend: The Savior’s Love” (March 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Cheryl C. Lant encourages children to show love by being kind.
- “Guided by Love” (June 2014 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf tells us love should be our walk and our talk.
- “How can I learn to be a good example?” (February 2015 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott shares thoughts on the subject.
- “How do I help everyone feel welcome in Primary?”(August 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Neil L. Andersen shares some ways we can help people feel loved at church. Includes a story about children Elder Andersen met in Africa.
- “I Felt the Spirit” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Linda K. Burton talks of feeling her parents’ love for her as a child.
- “Love One Another” (June 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells of a tree destroyed by a metal wedge that had become hidden inside it. Hidden wedges of anger or resentment can destroy our lives unless we learn to forgive.
- “Loving Others as Jesus Loves Us” (October 2019 Liahona and Friend)
President Dallin H. Oaks shares some ways we can love others as the Savior loves us. Includes an activity to make a friendship chain.
- “My Brother Gary” (June 2006 Friend)
Elder Marlin K. Jensen shares a story about his brother Gary, who is disabled, and encourages us to be kind to those who are different.
- “Show the Love in Your Heart” (January 2017 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson encourages us to show love and kindness to those around us each day.
- “Showing Love through Service” (February 2015 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson learned to and gave service as a child. Includes activities on how we can give service.
- “Teaching Our Children to Accept Differences” (June 2004 Liahona and Ensign)
Gayle M. Clegg shares several stories about children who were kind to children who were different.
- “Three Ways to Get Along with Others” (September 2019 Liahona and Friend)
President Russell M. Nelson teaches that to get along with others we should love people, forgive them, and treat them the way we want to be treated.
- “You are the Savior’s Hands” (January 2015 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches us that we are the Savior’s hands as we extend our love to others.
- “All-Star Brother” (September 2012 Friend)
Gabriel must choose between being kind to his brother and getting sleep for an upcoming baseball game.
- “April’s New Wheelchair” (April 2015 Friend)
April’s brother gets April to laugh as she learns to use a wheelchair.
- “Baseball Bill” (March 2016 Friend)
Visiting people in a care center ends up being a great adventure for two brothers and their mom.
- “The Big Jar” (March 2008 Friend)
A girl learns to love her sister instead of focusing on her faults.
- “A Butterfly for Courtney” (September 2016 Friend)
Elena decides to use some money she earned to buy her friend a special gift because her friend is sad.
- “Cheering Up Grandpa” (April 2015 Friend)
Mike helped his Grandpa find joy after Grandma’s death.
- “Colby’s Card” (February 2018 Friend)
Cobly learns that he can be like Jesus by comforting others, so he decides to make a card for his friend’s mom when she is sick.
- “Cookies, Cans, and Christmas” (December 2016 Friend)
MacCrae shares a story about his grandmother helping a homeless man and how it’s inspired him to show love to others.
- “An Extra Dose of Love” (June 2017 Friend)
Ashley learns that her mom likes to write cards to people she thinks may need some extra love.
- “An Extra-Special Present” (January 2017 Friend)
Hadley doesn’t have any money to buy her mom a birthday present, so she writes her a poem instead.
- Faith, Hope, and Grace, Part 3: “Hope in Holland” (November 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Grace Vlam lives in Holland during World War II. She decides to give up their family potatoes to help the German saints.
- “Finally Forever” (June 2014 Liahona and Friend)
A foster child is sealed to her adoptive family.
- “Following Jesus: Be Loving” (February 2014 Friend)
Jesus taught us to be loving. Includes a challenge to help you learn to be more loving.
- Food and Fun: "Friendship Cookies" (September 2018 Friend)
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Teaching About Love”(February 2018 Friend)
Some ideas for teaching young children about love.
- “A Friend for Mr. Maurice” (January 2018 Friend)
Carter thinks his neighbor is really mean until he befriends the man and learns to love him.
- “A Game of Catch” (November 2006 Friend)
Paul remembers that Jesus said to love everyone when he doesn’t get along with a boy in his class.
- “A Good Friend” (May 1997 Friend)
Seven-year-old Hunter shares his story about how he was a friend to a boy in his class who was different.
- “Helping a Brother” (January 2013 Friend)
Lance shows love to his little brother Gabe when he helps him with a talk.
- “Helping Violet” (October 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Emma is assigned a seat next to a girl who is mean to her but ends up being able to help her with her schoolwork.
- “I’ll Walk with You” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
An illustrated adaptation of this song from the Children’s Songbook for young children.
- “Jesus Loves Everyone” (September 2016 Liahona and Friend)
A Book of Mormon hero card about Jesus visiting the Nephites and a challenge for us to be more loving.
- "Katie and Quincy" (October 2018 Friend)
Katie comforts Quincy after Quincy’s brother dies.
- "Liam's Friends" (October 2018 Friend)
Liam learns about his friends’ religions.
- “The Love Drawer” (February 2008 Friend)
A girl learns how her mother appreciates the love people have shown to her.
- “Love Spoken” (April 2016 Friend)
Cassie makes a tape recording for her mom to listen to so she won’t feel alone while she’s home sick.
- “Megan’s Lambs” (March 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A girl and her elderly neighbor find a way to help each other.
- “Mission Impossible?” (March 2002 Friend)
Brandon learns to be kind and love the boys in his Primary class.
- “The Most Surprising Gift” (April 2014 Friend)
A girl learns that being kind is better than getting presents.
- “Musical Chairs” (September 2016 Friend)
Elizabeth realizes she was wrong to join in when all the other children avoided sitting by a boy in their Primary class.
- “My Brother Hyrum” (April 2014 Friend)
Hannah loves her brother, who has autism.
- “The New Boy” (October 2004 Friend)
Chase befriends a new boy in his class.
- “One Grumpy Neighbor” (April 2014 Friend)
A boy learns to serve and love a grumpy widow.
- “Porter’s Promise” (April 2014 Liahona and Friend)
A boy comforts his grandpa after his grandma dies. Comes with a certificate reminding kids to keep their baptismal covenants.
- “The Red Marble” (January 2008 Friend)
A young boy is kind to another boy who is teased by other children.
- “Sister Sheldon’s Miracle” (August 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Elyse shares how they did nice things for their Primary president when she had cancer.
- “The Talent Show” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns that she has a talent for loving others.
- “The Trouble with Chloe” (October 2011 Friend)
Grace is feeling annoyed by her friend Chloe but then comes up with an idea to show her love for her friend.
- “Vitamin L” (March 2010 Friend)
Anne learns she can show love to her younger sister.
- “What Jesus Sees” (June 2006 Friend)
Amanda learns that when we see others as Jesus see them we are kind and loving.
- What's on Your Mind? (September 2018 Friend)
- “What Was I Thinking?” (May 2014 Friend)
A girl learns to love her brother, even though he can be annoying sometimes.
- “Worldwide Helpers” (June 2012 Friend)
A young boy explores the many ways the Church helps people in need.
- Verse: “What I Know” (November 2018 Friend)
A simple poem with actions about loving others as Jesus does.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Love at Home
“Love at Home” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend) includes three family home evening ideas to develop love at home, including doing a puzzle, signing special songs, and discussing a quote.
- “Family Fun Time: Sending Love” (February 2014 Friend)
Instructions for creating a heart envelope you can write secret messages inside.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Happy Hearts Club
Cut out special cards and check off the boxes around the border as you serve each other. See “Happy Hearts Club” (February 2003 Friend) for card templates and instructions.
- “For Little Friends: Jesus Christ Loves Everyone” (April 2007 Friend)
Make a booklet that shows Jesus Christ giving love to others as you think about people to show love to.
- “Heart Wreath” (February 2012 Friend)
Make a wreath from paper plates and paper. Write things you like about different family members on the hearts.
- “Hidden Picture” (February 2015 Friend)
Find the hidden objects in this snowy neighborhood scene.
- “‘I Love You This Much’ Card” (February 2005 Friend)
- “Letters of Love” (June 2016 Friend)
Sunday is a great day to write letters! Who could your family write letters to?
- “Lots of Ways to Say ‘I Love You’” (March 2019 Liahona and Friend)
A board game that includes actions you can do to show love.
- “Love Notes for Mom” (May 2016 Friend)
Make this booklet to show your mom or someone else how much you love them.
- “The Random Acts of Kindness Wall” (April 2015 Friend)
How many kind things can your family do for each other this month?
- “The Second Commandment” (June 2014 Friend)
Help this boy through the playground maze so he can include someone who is being left out.
- “Sharing Time: Family Love” (April 1983 Friend)
Includes a craft about encouraging expressions of love to family members.
- “Sharing Time: Love at Home” (June 1996 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a craft about remembering to love others.
- “Showing Our Love” (August 2018 Friend)
Find words in this word search that tell how we can share the Savior’s love with others.
- “We Missed You” (April 2016 Friend)
Do something nice for someone you noticed wasn’t at church on Sunday.
- “Where Do You Stand?” (June 2013 Friend)
Take this quiz to see how you could become more loving to others.
- “Family Hug” (May 2008 Friend)
- “I Love You More” (May 2018 Friend)
An action rhyme for young children about how much you love someone.
- “A Plan for Me” (January 2009 Friend)
A poem about obeying, being kind, and choosing the right.
- “Showing the Love in Your Heart” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches about love with a poem from his childhood. Then children can color scenes of children showing love.
- “Ways to Show I Care” (February 2019 Friend)
An action rhyme for young children that gives ideas on how to show you care about someone.
- What I Know (November 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Poem about Christ’s love for all of his children.