“Matt and Mandy” (February 2020 Friend)Matt and his friend find a wallet and decide to find its owner even when another boy wants to keep the money inside.
- “Finders Keepers?” (November 2018 Friend)
Mike turns in some money he found on the school playground even though his friends think he should keep it.
- “Abu Learns Honesty” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A boy learns what honesty means after taking food without paying for it.
- “Abuelo’s Shoe Shop” (March 2018 Friend)
Miguel feels bad after taking a candy from his grandpa’s shop without asking, but then he tells the truth and feels better.
- “Annie’s Spelling Test” (February 2012 Friend)
Annie tells her teacher after getting a score she didn’t deserve.
- “The Apple Adventure”(October 2011Friend)
Donna and her cousin get hurt stealing apples, and decide to tell the truth.
- “As Good As Our Bond” (November 1997 Friend)
Elder Sheldon F. Child teaches that honesty is the only policy.
- “Baby-Sitting Job” (August 2001 Friend)
True story of Alanna learning the commandment of being honest.
- “Beeline to the Truth” (January 2012 Friend)
A boy decides to be honest after he steals a pocketknife.
- “Being Honest” (February 2002 Liahona and Friend)
A boy from Brazil returns a wallet and finds joy in honesty.
- “Being Honest Is Best” (March 2019 Friend)
A rebus story about a young girl named Verity who loves to live by the meaning of her name and tell the truth. Includes an activity.
- “Broken Trust” (April 2009 Friend)
Melinda is afraid to tell her neighbor that she broke a figurine, but decides to tell the truth.
- “The Candy Ball”(January 2010Liahonaand Friend)
A young girl takes a piece of candy without asking and learns a valuable lesson.
- “The Case of the Broken Mirror” (January 2010 Friend)
Mason confesses to his mother that he broke her mirror.
- “Caught!” (June 2009 Friend)
Jake learns a lesson about honesty after he injures himself fishing instead of doing what his mother asked him to.
- “The Cheating Lesson” (September 2009 Friend)
Includes a story about cheating and a quiz about what cheating is.
- “Choosing Not to Cheat” (January 2014 Friend)
Christopher, age 7, shares how he didn’t cheat on a test.
- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: Honesty: A Moral Compass” (November 2001 Friend)
President James E. Faust tells a story about a young athlete who was honest.
- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: We Believe in You!” (May 2004 Friend)
President James E. Faust encourages us to be honest and avoid temptation.
- “A Dollar in the Pocket” (January 2013 Friend)
A boy returns a dollar he found in hand-me-down jeans.
- “Escaping from the Hole” (August 2008 Friend)
Jacob learns he needs to repent after he steals gum from a store.
- “Friend to Friend” (November 1997 Liahona and October 1996 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about being honest when he was in the Navy.
- “Geography Honesty” (March 2016 Friend)
Julie doesn’t want to be tempted to cheat, so she decides to tell the teacher after a map is left up during a geography test.
- “The Heavy Backpack” (June 2013 Friend)
After weeks of avoiding his homework, Jay finally tells the truth and unloads his backpack.
- “An Honest Athlete” (July 2012 Friend)
Jacob gets the biggest cheer of all when he is honest about missing part of the course.
- “Honest Morgan” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy learns about honesty when he tries to blame a mistake on his younger brother.
- “Honesty” (October 1996 Friend)
Elder David B. Haight teaches the importance of honesty and integrity.
- “Karson and the Golden Ticket” (November 2015 Friend)
Karson wants to use the extra ticket he found on the floor of the classroom to help him win the raffle, but he decides to turn it in to the teacher instead.
- “Kelsey Makes a Mistake” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A wordless story about a young girl who tells her mother the truth.
- “Last Friend Standing” (May 2019 Friend)
A girl’s friends want to leave the bowling alley without paying, but she decides to make the right choice even if they don’t want to be her friends anymore.
- “Live Without Regret” (February 2007 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Hinckley of the Seventy shares a story from when he was a child and learned what it means to have regrets after he took some scrap wood without asking.
- “The Magic Wallet” (July 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Mandy’s family is staying at a motel where the manager thinks they are too loud, but his opinion changes when the kids find a wallet and turn it in.
- “Making Things Right” (September 2019 Friend)
A boy and his mom go back to a store when they realize the cashier forgot to charge them for something.
- “Map Champ” (September 2018 Friend)
Lindi tells her teacher she didn’t hear the question during a challenge, and the teacher believes her because Lindi’s been honest in the past.
- “Maria Makes a Choice” (May 1983 Friend)
A young girl has to make a choice when her friend wants her to steal candy from a store.
- “Matt and Mandy” (May 2016 Friend)
Matt encourages his friend Marco to tell the truth after they accidentally dent his dad’s car.
- “Matt and Mandy” (August 2000 Friend)
Matt and Mandy learn that when you steal or cheat, there are hidden costs.
- “Matt and Mandy” (August 2011 Friend)
Mandy finds $20 and must decide what to do with it.
- “Mr. Lukin’s Turkeys” (July 2008 Friend)
While trying to get the neighbor’s turkeys out of his mom’s garden, Rex throws a rock and kills one of the turkeys. Now he must tell his neighbor the truth.
- “My Mastermind Fail” (August 2019 Friend)
Henry W., age 12, shares how he repented after he made copies of class money and then lied about it.
- “Niya’s Choice” (April 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl returns the extra change given to her by a shopkeeper.
- “The Pencil Problem” (February 2018 Friend)
Maya’s is afraid she might lose friends after she encourages Alex to return a pencil he got from a machine for free, but he’s glad she helped him be honest.
- “The Reading Race” (January 2010 Friend)
April learns a lesson about honesty after she lies about how many pages she has read in a book.
- “The Shaving Mistake” (September 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Allen D. Haynie of the Seventy shares about a time he disobeyed and then lied to his father.
- “Sliding from the Truth” (March 2017 Friend)
Tori helps her lab partner tell the truth after he breaks a glass microscope slide.
- “Special Witness” (July 2007 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar teaches why it is important to be honest.
- “Stickers Everywhere!” (September 2018 Friend)
Carey gets in trouble after she puts stickers that don’t belong to her all over the house. Her mom is happy that she tells the truth about doing it.
- “Sweet Honesty” (April 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Arlyn tells the truth after accidentally spilling the sugar jar.
- “The Stolen Purse” (April 2012 Friend)
Joseph finds a purse and returns it to the woman who it belongs to.
- “The Stolen Records” (July 2010 Friend)
Elder Lance B. Wickman had a difficult choice to make as a boy when a bigger boy steals from their school.
- “The Stolen Soda” (February 2014 Friend)
Another girl tells Annette it’s ok to take a soda out of the refrigerator, but then she realizes it wasn’t ok.
- “Tangerines”(August 2009Friend)
Liz tells her neighbors the truth after she takes tangerines from their tree without asking.
- “Tickets and the Truth” (November 2011 Friend)
Molly tells the truth after falsely accusing a boy.
- “Toy-Truck Trouble” (October 2018 Friend)
Nate takes toy trucks from another boy’s sandbox, then feels bad about it.
- “The Treasure-Chest Choice” (November 2013 Friend)
Caleb is tempted to take two prizes out the box when his piano teacher says he can pick a prize.
- “Trust and the Truth” (January 2012 Friend)
A boy is trusted because he has always told the truth.
- “TV Trouble” (March 2015 Friend)
Two girls leave a friend’s house when she starts watching an inappropriate TV show.
- “The Watermelon Thieves” (August 2015 Friend)
Joseph and his friends stole a prize watermelon and later repented of their bad choice.
- “Weeding Out the Lie” (September 2012 Friend)
A girl is tempted to lie to her mother about being done with her chores, but she decides to tell the truth.
- “The Yo-Yo Decision” (February 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Lea is tempted to steal a yo-yo from the store, but the Holy Ghost gives her a bad feeling about it.
- “Choosing Integrity” (September 2015 Friend)
This quiz can help you know if you are living with integrity.
- Coloring Page: “I Can Tell the Truth” (September 2018 Liahona and Friend)
- “Honesty Jars” (September 2018 Friend)
Make these honesty jars with your family to see how being honest builds others’ trust in you over time.
- “Honesty Quiz” (April 2011 Friend)
A quiz to help children evaluate how honest they are.
- “I Can Be Honest” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A hidden picture activity with an image of a child being honest.
- “Sharing Time: Be Honest” (January 1987 Friend)
Cut out and put together a train that spells honesty.
- “Sharing Time: Honest and Truthful at all Times” (October 1996 Liahona and Friend)
Color cutouts to make action scene as you tell the story of Joseph F. Smith and the ruffians.
- “Sharing Time: I Believe in Being Honest” (September 1993 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a coloring page about the Anti-Nephi-Lehies and the stripling warriors.
- For the Strength of Youth: Honesty and Integrity
- Music: “Dare to Do Right” (Children’s Songbook, 158)
- Music: “I Believe in Being Honest” (Children’s Songbook, 149)
- Music: “Stand for the Right” (Children’s Songbook, 159)
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Honesty”