Messages from Leaders
- “Happy in the Gospel” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Carlos A. Godoy testifies that the gospel brings happiness to our lives.
- “How can I not worry so much?” (March 2016 Liahonaand Friend)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland shares how we can have faith and hope in the future. Includes a short biography about Elder Holland.
- “How can I stay safe and happy in life?” (September 2015 Friend)
Thoughts by and a story from the life of Elder M. Russell Ballard.
- “How Can the Gospel Help Me Be Happy?” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend )
Elder David A. Bednar talks about how choosing the right brings happiness.
- “The Toy Truck” (May 2014 Friend)
Bishop Davies of the presiding bishopric learned as a boy that work brought him joy and happiness.
- “A Treasure Map” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson offers a treasure map to eternal happiness: learn from the past, prepare for the future, and live in the present.
- “What should I do if I can’t stop feeling sad all the time?” (November 2015 Friend)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland shares ideas and encouragement for children going through hard times. Includes a story about when Elder Holland was a young father and had some trials.
- “A Feel-Good Field Day” (June 2015 Friend)
Thanks to hard work and prayer, Emily has a good field day experience after all.
- “The Happy Book” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Morgan cheers up her sister with a homemade book.
- “Inside the Lines” (February 1993 Friend)
David learns sharing with his sister brings him happiness.
- “My Heart Is Happy” (February 2012 Friend)
Jennifer gives a talk in church about what makes her happiest: her family, choosing the right, the Restoration, Primary, the scriptures, and the Savior.
- “Nick's New Look” (October 2018 Friend)
Nick learns to be happy and comfortable with his alopecia.
- “S.O.C.K.S. Rock” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Sydney become a “Sisters of Courage, Kindness and Service” and made a pair of crazy socks to remind her.
- What's on Your Mind? (October 2018 Friend)
Sometimes I don’t like the way I look. How can I learn to love my body?—Not Sure in Nashville
- Family Home Evening Idea: Happiness through Smiles
Smiling helps us feel happy. It helps others feel happy too. Smiling is one of the easiest ways we can serve others. Read “Miles and Miles of Smiles” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend). Have each person in your family draw a smiling face on a piece of paper. Put the face near the mirror you look in most often. There are many ways to smile. Look in the mirror and try smiling with only your eyes, then try smiling with your lips closed. Smile with your teeth showing, and then with your mouth open. Keep the picture by the mirror all week as a reminder to smile.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Treasure Map to Happiness
Study President Thomas S. Monson’s article “A Treasure Map” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend). Before family home evening, draw a map of three places in your home. Write down clues that will guide your family to these places. Go to each place and hide something that represents President Monson’s advice. (For example: place #1—a picture of grandparents for “learn from the past,” place #2—a piggy bank for “prepare for the future,” place #3—a box wrapped as a present for “live in the present.”) Give the clues and map to your family and have them search for the treasures. When they arrive at each hiding place, talk about President Monson’s message for that spot.
- “A Happy Home” (November 2009 Friend)
Build a house and think about ways to make a happy home.
- “What Makes You Smile?” (August 2005 Friend)
Make this book about things that make you smile.
- “Key to Happiness” (September 2012 Friend)
Color in the O’s to reveal a hidden message about happiness.