Messages from Leaders
- “The Family: A Proclamation to the World”
A message from the First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles.
- “Friend Connection: Gender Matters” (March 2017 Ensign)
A resource page to help parents talk with their children about gender.
- “What Is the Truth?” (March 2017 Friend)
President Uchtdorf’s message about the six travelers and the elephant could help you talk with your children about issues they may be confused about.
- “Kylie’s Parents” (January 2017 Friend)
A story for young children about earthly parents and Heavenly Parents.
- “I Want to Play the Flute” (March 2017 Friend)
Jacob learns that certain talents aren’t just for girls or just for boys.
- “Jesus Loves Me” (January 2017 Friend and Liahona)
An simple, illustrated overview of the plan of happiness.
- “Savannah the Engineer” (February 2016 Friend)
Savannah learns that certain interests aren’t just for girls or just for boys.
- What’s on Your Mind Question: “Sometimes kids at school tease each other about how they look and about dating, and it makes me feel really awkward. What can I do?” (July 2018 Friend)
- “When I Grow Up, I Want to Be a Dancer” (June 2016 Friend)
An LDS dad and dancer teaches ballet to kids, including his own daughter.
- “Celebrating You!” (February 2016 Friend)
Whether you’re a girl or a boy, you can like lots of different things! Fill in the bubbles that are part of who you are.
- “Love-Your-Neighbor Adventure” (March 2017 Friend)
In this game, family members learn what prophets and apostles have taught about gospel principles and standards, and role-play ways to show courage and compassion when neighbors act and believe differently.
- “The Plan of Happiness” (February 2018 Friend and Liahona)
Use this coloring activity to make a booklet.
- “Teaching the Proclamation to Children” (2017 Ensign)
This series focuses on a different part of the proclamation each month.
- “What Are Your Spiritual Gifts?” (March 2017 Friend)
Heavenly Father gives all His children spiritual gifts, whether they are boys or girls.
- “Video: “Proclamation”
Elder M. Russell Ballard speaks about “The Family: A Proclamation to the World” and the importance of families.