Messages from Leaders
- “Packing for Grandma’s House” (February 2020 Friend)
A young girl can’t fit everything she wants in her bag when she goes to grandma’s, so she picks something that will bring her comfort: a picture of Jesus.
- “Reverence Is Love” (December 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Luaipou W., age 10, from Victoria, Australia shares how she felt Heavenly Father’s love when she was nervous about speaking at a school assembly.
- “Allie’s New Class” (July 2018 Friend)
Allie is nervous when she gets moved to a new kindergarten class, but she prays for help and has a great day.
- “The Bear Cave” (September 2017 Friend)
Ben prays after he gets scared in his new bedroom in the basement. The Holy Ghost prompts his mom to come check on him.
- “The Aquanaut Badge” (January 2017 Friend)
Corwin shares how faith, prayer, and practice helped him when he was afraid to get a swimming activity badge.
- “Backstage Prayers” (September 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Emily shares how she prays backstage when she gets nervous before dance performances.
- “A Baptismal Blessing” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Trevor is afraid of going underwater as he prepares to be baptized.
- “Brave Enough?” (October 2016 Friend)
Christine is afraid at night, but she learns that being brave sometimes means asking for help.
- “Dealing with Fears” (March 2017 Friend)
Some tips for helping young children deal with fears.
- “Ella’s Worries” (May 2017 Friend)
Ella is worried about a lot of things and feels like Heavenly Father is not answering her prayers, but then she talks to her dad who gets her the help she needs.
- “Fear in the Night” (May 2000 Friend)
Garrett is afraid after hearing all the bad things on the news. He asks his dad for a blessing to help him feel better.
- “Finding the Way Back” (October 2011 Friend)
Timmy is scared after he gets left on the playground alone at school.
- “Jesus at My Bedside” (December 2014 Friend)
A boy finds comfort and peace from the Savior after being afraid in bed.
- “Jesus Calms the Tempest” (September 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A retelling for young children about Jesus calming a terrible storm. Includes a coloring page.
- “Juliana Gives a Talk” (February 2015 Friend)
Juliana is scared to give a talk in Primary, but she prays for Heavenly Father to help her.
- “Just a Prayer Away” (October 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Prodi can’t fall back to sleep after having a bad dream, so he says a prayer for comfort.
- “The Lemonade Stand That Changed Everything”(August 2018 Friend)
A girl is scared after learning about a terrorist attack but serving helps her to feel better.
- “The Light of the World” (December 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Erin is scared after a classmate dies in a car accident, but a Nativity program reminds her that we can all live again because of Jesus Christ.
- “Matt and Mandy” (November 2012 Friend)
Matt, Mandy, and their mom are scared when their car gets caught in heavy fog.
- “Monsters in the Closet” (October 2013 Friend)
Abby prays to not be afraid of her family’s coat closet, which she thinks is full of monsters.
- “Moresby the Brave” (September 2017 Friend)
A little boy is nervous about his first day of school, but he is brave and makes a new friend.
- “Night Fright” (May 2012 Friend)
A boy prays to feel peace when he wakes up in the night and is afraid of noises outside his window.
- “The Opposite of Fear” (January 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Tricia prays after she is afraid in the night.
- “A Plan for Our Family” (January 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A boy is worried when his sister is born premature, but he learns to appreciate the power of priesthood and the plan of salvation.
- “A Prayer in the Attic” (February 2015 Friend)
Renate is afraid soldiers will find her family, but they are miraculously undiscovered.
- “The Primary Talk” (November 2019 Friend)
Dennis is scared to give a talk in Primary because he stutters. His father gives him a blessing that he’ll be able to say what he needs to say.
- “Queen Esther Saves Jehovah’s People” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
The story of Queen Esther saving the Jewish people from destruction.
- “Shadows on the Wall” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl finds comfort in Christ when she is scared during the night.
- “The Spirit of Eliza” (May 2018 Friend)
Eliza loved family history. But could she talk about it in front of everyone at church?
- “Tornado!” (September 2014 Friend)
Owen comes up with an idea to help his family feel less scared while tornados are near their house.
- “Ty’s Courage” (February 2014 Friend)
A boy is afraid when he has to have surgery but finds courage through prayer and the Holy Ghost.
- What’s on Your Mind Question: “I feel scared when I hear about bad or scary things happening. What can I do to feel better?” (August 2018 Friend)
- “Who Will Come to My Party?” (March 2019 Friend)
Enzo is worried about who will come to his birthday party after his family moves to another place.
- “Worried or Afraid? Here’s Help!” (May 2017 Friend)
Some tips for overcoming fears and worries from your friends at the Friend!
- “A Mother’s Hope”
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf shares how his mother overcame her fear with faith.