Messages from Leaders
- “The Blessings of Hard Work” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Per G. Malm shares how his father was a good example of working hard.
- “Fathers and Sons: A Remarkable Relationship”(November 2009 Liahona and Ensign)
Elder M. Russell Ballard talks about the relationship sons can have with their fathers. For adults.
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Sad Feelings on Mother’s and Father’s Day” (June 2019 Friend)
Some ideas for what to do for children who may not have a mom or dad at home.
- “He Wants the Best for Me” (February 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Hugo E. Martinez of the Seventy shares how his earthly father wanted the best for him and how he later learned from the missionaries that his Heavenly Parents did too.
- “Learning to Read” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Larry R. Lawrence shares how his father helped him learn how to read.
- “Race Day with Dad” (July 2018 Friend)
Elder K. Brett Nattress tells of a time when he was a kid and he and his dad built a derby car for him to race.
- “The Road to Jericho” (June 1993 Liahona and September 1991 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson (1927-2018) tells how his father taught him the true meaning of charity.
- “Why are fathers so important?” (June 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson testifies of the importance of fathers. Includes a story about Elder Christofferson and his father.
- “Missing Mom and Dad” (March 2019 Friend)
Dylan is worried about missing his parents when they go away for a trip and leave him at his grandparents’ house.
- “Chocolate Cake” (January 2012 Friend)
Elizabeth uses her money to make her father a cake instead of buying things for herself.
- “David and Dad at the Derby” (November 2013 Friend)
David and his dad have fun making and racing their car at the pinewood derby.
- “Early-Morning Rescue” (June 2013 Friend)
Dustin helps his father rescue strangers in the middle of the night.
- “Glad You’re My Dad” (February 2013 Friend)
Mark learns that even though his dad doesn’t go to church, he is still a good dad.
- “Goodly Grandparents” (July 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Andrew is nervous about Bring-a-Parent-to-School Day because he lives with his grandparents.
- “I Love Him, He’s My Dad” (September 2004 Friend)
A boy loves his father even though his father has a drinking problem.
- “Meteors and Memories” (June 2012 Friend)
Tanner makes wonderful memories with his dad as they watch a meteor shower.
- “The Most Important Daddy” (June 1974 Friend)
Shellie learns that every father is important.
- “Natalie’s Father’s Day Card” (June 2013 Friend)
Natalie doesn’t live with her dad, so she gives her Father’s Day card to her grandpa.
- “Running with Dad” (June 2017 Friend)
TJ trains to run a half-marathon with his dad.
- “Soccer Dad” (October 2005 Friend)
Tommy’s dad coaches his team even though neither of them has played soccer before!
- “Steven’s First Future Father’s Day” (June 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Steven struggles with Father’s Day until he learns he can use the day to prepare to be a father himself.
- “Count on Dad!” (June 2013 Friend)
Using a code, find out what Elder M. Russell Ballard says about why we should love and trust our dads.
- “Father’s Day” (June 2010 Friend)
Crossword puzzle using fathers from the scriptures.
- “Father’s Day Activities” (June 2012 Friend)
Includes a recipe for meatball sandwiches and instructions for making a napkin ring for your dad.
- “Father’s-Day Jar of Love” (June 2019 Friend)
- “Father’s Day Origami” (June 2017 Friend)
Instructions for folding a paper shirt to write a note on and give to someone for Father’s Day.
- “Father’s Day Stop Sign” and “Father’s Day Card” (June 2001 Friend)
A sign and card to give to your dad on Father’s Day. Card includes a poem and a space for child’s photo.
- “Find that Dad” (June 2015 Friend)
Match children to dads in this illustration.
- “Give Dad a Hand Card” (June 2006 Friend)
- “Ladder Card for Dad” (June 2003 Friend)
- “Scripture Fathers” (June 2004 Friend)
Look up scriptures to identify these scripture fathers.
- “A Sticky Surprise for Dad” (June 2013 Friend)
Surprise your father or someone else you love with a photo puzzle and some yummy snack mix.
- “Yay for Dads!” (June 2016 Friend)
Includes a poem you can write for your dad and a word search of fun things to do with a parent.
- Coloring page: “Adam and Eve Teach Their Children”(February 2010 Friend)
- Coloring page: “Baptism and confirmation are ordinances that bless my family.” (May 2009 Friend)
A father baptizes his daughter.
- Coloring page: “God’s prophets and apostles speak to us in general conference.” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A father and daughter look at a Church magazine together.
- Coloring page: “When I am baptized, I make a covenant with God.” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A father baptizes his daughter.
- Coloring page: “I Can Help My Family” (September 2016 Liahona and Friend)
- Music: “A Happy Family” (Children’s Songbook, 198)
- Music: “Daddy’s Homecoming” (Children’s Songbook, 210)
- Music: “Fathers” (Children’s Songbook, 209)
- Music: “Love is Spoken Here” (Children’s Songbook, 190)
- Music: “My Dad” (Children’s Songbook, 211)
- Music: “The Dearest Names” (Children’s Songbook, 208)
- Music: “When Joseph Went to Bethlehem” (Children’s Songbook, 38)
- Music: “When We Are Helping” (Children’s Songbook, 198)
- Video: “Fathers and Sons”
- Video: “Father’s Day”
- Video: Homefronts, “SciFi”
A father takes time to play space adventures with his daughter.
- Video: Homefronts, “Cookies”
A dad talks to his younger daughter about her older sister.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “A Father Indeed”
The story of a committed husband and father who consistently and passionately demonstrates his love and devotion to his wife and kids.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Earthly Father, Heavenly Father”
Men on earth have the opportunity to become fathers and experience some of the same joys that our Heavenly Father feels for us. Fatherhood is a divine responsibility to be cherished.
- Video: “Today’s Family: Fathers”
- “Guess Who?” (June 2019 Friend)
An action rhyme for young children with clues about a father (or other person).
- Poem: “Daddy Is Home” (June 2009 Friend)
- Poem: “The Best Place” (June 2010 Friend)
The best place to be is with your father.
- Poem: “When My Father Kneels to Hold Me” (June 2001 Friend)