“Alonso’s Forever Family” (April 2020 Liahona and Friend)Alonso has the opportunity to be sealed to his parents and sister who have died.
- “Always Brothers” (March 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Luis learns that his new baby brother will not live very long, but that they will be brothers in heaven.
- “Cheering Up Grandpa” (April 2015 Friend)
After his grandma died, Mike figured out a way to help cheer his grandpa up.
- “Comforted by the Holy Ghost” (November 2004 Friend)
The Holy Ghost comforted President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) when his wife and son passed away.
- “Comforting Lucy” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
The Holy Ghost comforts a girl who misses her grandma.
- "I Will See Him Again" (April 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Reyna I. Aburto of the Relief Society General Presidency shares about the death of her brother when she was a child and how she found comfort after learning the gospel.
- “Fishing Buddies” (March 2016 Friend)
Jacob doesn’t want to celebrate his birthday at his grandparents’ cabin after his grandpa dies, but he learns he can still enjoy himself and remember his grandpa. Includes some tips for what to do when someone you love dies.
- “He Broke the Bands of Death” (April 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Patrick Kearon of the Seventy teaches that Christ broke the bands of death so we can live again.
- “He Lives” (April 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) teaches that remembering the Savior’s Atonement brings peace.
- “Joy Cometh in the Morning” (April 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares how a young girl knew she would see her deceased mother again.
- “Just Keep Swimming” (July 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl from New Zealand talks about staying strong after her father died when she was 11 years old.
- “Katie and Quincy” (October 2018 Friend)
Katie, who has Down syndrome, loves her friend Quincy, who helps her at church. When Quincy’s brother dies, Katie knows just how to comfort her friend.
- “The Light of the World” (December 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Erin struggles to feel excited for Christmas after a classmate’s death, but a Nativity program reminds her that we can all live again because Christ was born.
- “The Little Bottle of Silence” (August 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Gage’s grandpa gives him a bottle to remind him that sometimes we need quiet so we can feel the Holy Ghost.
- “Live Worthily to Return Home” (December 2003 Friend)
Elder Wayne S. Peterson of the Seventy was comforted by the plan of salvation when his brother died. We should always live worthily to return home to our Heavenly Father.
- “Mom’s Rose Garden” (April 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Mike deals with his mother’s death by caring for her rose garden.
- Question Corner: “My grandpa has been so sad ever since Grandma died. How can I help him feel better?” (May 2016 Friend)
Several children provide answers to this question.
- “A Stripling-Warrior Family” (August 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Michelle D. Craig of the Young Women General Presidency tells about a boy in Chile who was brave like the stripling warriors after his father died.
- “Trust in the Lord” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Elaine S. Dalton talks about trusting God after her father died.
- “What do people do after they die?” (November 2017 Friend)
President Russell M. Nelson tells a story of about his grandfather whose deceased father visited him and told him about what goes on after death.
- What’s On Your Mind Question: “Someone I love died, and I miss them a lot. How can I stop hurting so much?” (November 2019 Friend)
- Video: Matt and Mandy: “We Will Live Again”
Mandy helps a friend who lost her mother.