- “Abinadi Was Courageous” (March 2016 Liahona and Friend)
A Book of Mormon hero card and some basic information about Abinadi.
- “Alia’s New Ring” (January 2015 Friend)
Alia followed the Holy Ghost’s prompting to be kind to her friend, even though it meant giving away a ring she liked.
- “Anna’s Journey, Part 2: A Prayer in the Night” (August 2015 Friend)
Anna’s prayer was answered in an unexpected way.
- “April’s New Wheelchair” (April 2015 Friend)
April’s Brother gets April to laugh as she learns to use a wheelchair.
- “Awkward” (April 2015 Friend)
A girl realizes that she can try new things even when she’s feeling shy.
- “The Bad Movie” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Evelyn decides to watch things only pleasing to Heavenly Father when her class chooses a movie to watch.
- “A Baptismal Blessing” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Trevor is afraid of going underwater as he prepares to be baptized.
- “Be a Shining Example” (August 2015 Friend)
Elder Bruce D. Porter of the Seventy shares stories of how his children were examples of faith, kindness, reading the scriptures, and courage.
- “The Best Brigham Young” (January 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl tells the true story of Brigham Young after a school assignment portrayed him as dishonest.
- “Brave Like Joseph Smith” (December 2019 Friend)
Isabel T., age 7, shares how learning a story about Joseph Smith having surgery on his leg helped her be brave in her own challenges.
- “Clara and the Primary Program” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Clara, a new member of the Church, speaks for the first time in a Primary program.
- “Captain Moroni Was Brave” (July 2016 Liahona and Friend)
A Book of Mormon hero card, some basic information about Captain Moroni, and a story from a child about having courage.
- “Courage and Clubs” (April 2015 Friend)
Kate made a good choice to follow Jesus and not use bad words to join her friends’ club.
- “Courage Counts”(November 2005Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches that we must have courage to follow our Heavenly Father, just like the people in the scriptures did.
- “Dare to Stand Alone” (October 2013 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells about a time he had to have courage. Includes two simple activities.
- “Eli’s Operation” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A boy gets a priesthood blessing before surgery, and gains courage from hearing about Joseph Smith’s surgery as a child.
- “Family Traditions” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Christoffel Golden Jr. of the Seventy stood up to school bullies until they gradually lost their influence. When you stand for right, good triumphs.
- “Fast Friends” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Diego decides to make a good media decision even when it might cost him his new friend.
- “A Feel-Good Field Day” (June 2015 Friend)
Thanks to hard work and prayer, Emily has a good field day experience after all.
- “Gary and Goliath” (February 2019 Friend)
Gary doesn’t like seeing inappropriate pictures when his family drives by a couple stores near his house, so he writes letters asking for the stores to take them down.
- “A Girl of Great Faith, Part Two: Courage in Independence” (July 2013 Friend)
Mary and her sister have the courage to save pages from the Book of Commandments in Independence, Missouri, as the printing press is destroyed by a mob.
- “I Chose the Right” (September 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Ekene from Nigeria shares how he had to be brave in keeping the Word of Wisdom at a village ceremony.
- “Jehovah Saves Faithful Daniel” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Stories from the Old Testament about Daniel choosing the right.
- “Juliana Gives a Talk” (February 2015 Friend)
Juliana gives a talk about how much Heavenly Father loves her.
- “Katie V. from Florida” (April 2013 Friend)
Learn about Katie who has had to have a lot of courage as she deals with trials in her life.
- “Keep Trying!” (February 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Peter F. Meurs of the Seventy shares how he was afraid to play the piano and speak in front of people but that working through his fears has helped him to bless others. Includes a find it activity.
- “On to Victory” (April 2015 Friend)
Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy used courage when he felt like giving up.
- “Paul Testifies of Jesus Christ” (November 2015 Friend)
A story about the Apostle Paul along with a word puzzle and ideas for how you can stand for truth like Paul.
- “Queen Esther Saves Jehovah’s People” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
The story of Queen Esther saving the Jewish people from destruction.
- Question Corner: “I want to make new friends, but I’m really shy. What can I do?” (June 2017 Friend)
- “Shadows on the Wall” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl finds comfort in Christ when she is scared during the night.
- “Shelly’s Race” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl worries about many things, but finds comfort in prayer, after her parents get divorced.
- “Sister Pettigrew’s Lesson” (September 2015 Friend)
Elder Ronald A. Rasband remembers a Primary teacher who helped him recognize the Holy Ghost and develop his talents.
- “S.O.C.K.S. Rock” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Sydney become a “Sisters of Courage, Kindness and Service” and made a pair of crazy socks to remind her.
- “Speaking Up” (August 2019 Friend)
Jonathan tells his Spanish teacher that it makes him feel sad when she uses Heavenly Father’s name to swear.
- “Standing up to a Bully” (July 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President David O. McKay (1873–1970) had the courage to stand up to a bully who tried to intimidate him on the baseball field.
- “A Stripling-Warrior Family” (August 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Michelle D. Craig of the Young Women General Presidency tells about a boy in Chile who was brave like the stripling warriors after his father died.
- “The Stuttering Struggle” (November 2015 Friend)
Nathaniel has a stuttering problem and is afraid when asked to narrate the Primary program, but he finds courage through practice and prayer.
- “Telling Secrets” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl decides to talk to her mom about a dangerous secret.
- “Ty’s Courage” (February 2014 Friend) - English only
A boy is afraid when he has to have surgery but finds courage through prayer and the Holy Ghost.
- What’s on Your Mind Question: “I don’t like some of the things going on around me, but I don’t know how to change them. What can I do?” (February 2019 Friend)
Some ideas for keeping a good attitude and how you can do small things to make a change in your world.
- “Who Is Your Hero” (February 2015 Friend)
Ellie was too afraid to say that Jesus was her hero, but another boy in class showed her the way.
- “Writing It Right” (Sept 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Cara knew the truth. But would she be brave enough to write about it?
- “Be Thou Strong and Very Courageous” (August 2015 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “Be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you.” (October 2012 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “Be strong of a good courage.” (March 2012 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “I can do hard things!” (August 2019 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “David and Goliath”(July 2010Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Esther Pleads with the King”(August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
- Music: “Dare to Do Right” (Children’s Songbook, 158)
- Music: “I Will Be Valiant” (Children’s Songbook, 162)
- Music: “Nephi's Courage” (Children’s Songbook, 120)
- Music: “Our Primary Colors” (Children’s Songbook, 258)
- Music: “Stand for the Right” (Children’s Songbook 159)
- Poster: “Stand for the Right” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
These standards can help us stand for the right.
- Sheet Music: “Nephi’s Courage (Simplified)” (February 2012 Friend)
- Verse: “Courage” (July 2010 Friend)
We should have courage to follow Jesus Christ’s example
- Video: ASL Video, “Nephi’s Courage”
- Video: ASL Video, “Stand for the Right”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 34: Helaman and the 2,000 Young Warriors”
- Video: “Dare to Stand Alone”
President Thomas S. Monson shares an experience he had in the Navy when he had to stand alone.
- Video: For Little Friend, “Can't We Be Friends?”
Margaret finds a way to be friends with unkind girls.
- Video: For Little Friend, “Things Will Get Better”
Elliott learns that even hard things in life get better.
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 28: David and Goliath”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 43: Daniel and the Lions’ Den”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 45: Esther”
- Video: Prophet Video, “Joseph F. Smith”
Even when confronted by men who could hurt him, Joseph F. Smith would not deny his membership in the Church.
- Video: “The Lord Will Deliver Me”
Elder Dallin H. Oaks tells the story of David and Goliath.