Messages from Leaders
- “Keep Trying!” (Feb. 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Peter F. Meurs of the Seventy shares how he worked through his fears to bless others. Includes a “Find It!” activity.
- “Grateful No Matter What” (Oct. 2015 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches about gratitude. Includes a matching activity.
- “A Positive Attitude” (Nov. 2012 Friend)
Elder Bruce A. Carlson of the Seventy talks about a daughter who had a good attitude even with a difficult medical condition.
- “Never Give Up” (Jan. 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares how he was always the last one picked for baseball teams, but he didn’t give up. He eventually led his team to victory.
- What’s on Your Mind Question: “I don’t like some of the things going on around me, but I don’t know how to change them. What can I do?” (Feb. 2019 Friend)
A few empowering ideas that might help you have a positive attitude.
- “A Special Big Brother” (Sept. 2016 Liahona and Friend)
A boy struggles with sad feelings when he can’t go play because his sister is sick a lot. Then he decides to focus on how much he loves her.
- “Brian Leads the Way” (Aug. 2016 Friend)
A boy sets an example for his older brothers when he works hard to help plant bushes.
- “Cricket’s Big Moment” (Aug. 2016 Friend)
A girl stays positive after she’s asked to perform with the younger girls instead of her friends.
- “The Woodpile” (Dec. 2015 Friend)
A boy’s attitude changes after his family donates wood to help another family stay warm.
- “Finding Jesus at Christmas” (Dec. 2015 Friend)
At first a boy is grumpy about not having as many presents at Christmas, but then a game reminds him about the real meaning of Christmas.
- “The Candy Plan” (Oct. 2015 Friend)
A boy has a good attitude about his diabetes and shares his Halloween candy with others.
- “Dreams and Dolphins” (Oct. 2015 Friend)
A girl born with a leg disease continues to serve and inspire.
- “A Feel-Good Field Day” (June 2015 Friend)
A girl has a good field day even without a first-place ribbon.
- “Matt and Mandy” (June 2015 Friend)
In this panel story, Mandy decides she is beautiful after all.
- “Matt and Mandy” (Mar. 2015 Friend)
In this panel story, Mandy tries not to compare herself with another pianist at a recital.
- “Calvin’s Awesome Space Jet” (Mar. 2015 Friend)
A boy chooses to not be mad at his mom when she breaks his spaceship.
- “The Girl with the Beautiful Smile” (Mar. 2011 Liahona and New Era)
A girl faced an intimidating piano competition with a positive attitude.
- “Things Will Get Better” (Sept. 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A child chooses to have a good attitude after moving to a new area. Includes a maze-like game using pictures of right and wrong choices.
- Bright Idea Poster: “No Matter What Anyone Says” (Oct. 2015 Friend)