Messages from Leaders
- “Preventing and Responding to Abuse” (March 2018)
Current Church policies and guidelines on abuse.
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Body Safety” (Aug. 2019 Friend)
Suggestions for talking to young children about staying safe.
- “Tickling Trouble” (June 2017 Friend)
Max and Lizzie learn about respecting others’ bodies
- "Telling Secrets” (Mar. 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Luisa decides to tell her mom that her friend is unsafe, even though her friend asked her not to tell.
- “When Should I Tell?” (Mar. 2015 Friend and Liahona)
An article to help children know when they should NOT keep a secret.
- “Healthy from Head to Toe” (June 2017 Friend)
A poster activity, including a “swimming suit rule” about what body parts should be kept private.
- “Taking Care of Me!” (Aug. 2011 Friend)
A checklist including a “Keep It Safe” section.
- Bible Video: “Jesus Teaches That We Must Become as Little Children”
Jesus condemns abusers.
- Training Video: “Protect the Child”
Responsibilities of ward and branch councils in preventing child abuse.