The purpose of the Young Women organization is to guide and nurture young women as they become covenant women of God and to help each young woman be worthy to make and keep sacred covenants and receive the ordinances and blessings of the temple. To accomplish these purposes, Young Women leaders guide each young woman in accomplishing the following objectives:
- Understand her identity as a daughter of Heavenly Parents.
- Strengthen her faith in and testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
- Strive to follow the Savior and invite His influence into all aspects of her life.
- Seek personal revelation and respond to promptings of the Holy Ghost.
- Understand and keep her baptismal covenants and act on the doctrine she is learning.
- Be worthy to attend the temple and have enduring joy on the covenant path.
- Live and prepare for her divine roles as a daughter, wife, mother, and leader.
- Minister to her family and others in Christlike love.
- Actively participate in building the kingdom of God and the gathering of Israel.