FamilySearch is now partnering with third-parties who produce training on a number of topics for individuals wanting to learn more about FamilySearch features and research strategies. This training also includes geography-specific research strategies.
Partner: The Family History Guide
The Family History Guide is a website that represents a best-in-class learning environment for family history. Its scope is broad, but its focus is narrow enough to help you achieve your goals, step by step. Whether you are brand new to family history or a seasoned researcher - or somewhere in between - The Family History Guide can be your difference maker.
- Intro to the site
- Computer Basics
- Family History Basics
- Using Family Tree in FamilySearch
- Finding Names When “All Your Work is Done” (Descendancy Research)
- Research Strategies for Specific Countries
- Preparing Names You’ve Found for Temple Work (Reserving, Submitting, Printing Temple Cards)
- Viewing and Adding Memories (Stories, Photos, Audio) in FamilySearch