On March 17, 2012, the Relief Society will commemorate its 170th anniversary. Relief Society sisters throughout the world are invited to celebrate by participating in activities that will engage them in the work of Relief Society. Under the direction of local priesthood leaders, units can determine the activities that best fit their needs. The following are suggestions:
- Organize and encourage sisters to participate in a temple or family history work experience.
- Encourage sisters to bring someone back into activity or share the gospel with someone.
- Encourage each sister to read and study Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society.
- Invite sisters to share personal testimonies.
- Invite wards and branches to submit their Relief Society history.
- Encourage the creation of original music, poetry, literature, drama, dance, and other artistic works to commemorate the anniversary.
- Organize Relief Society service in the community.
- Improve in the ministry of visiting teaching.
(You may need to print this Rights and Use Information page to take with you for permission to copy.)