Frequently Asked Questions for U.S. and Canadian Residents

When will missionaries get their visa?

Missionaries will get their status document at the Canadian airport or when crossing the border. This applies only to visa exempt countries such as the United States.

Do missionaries have to send in only a photocopy of their passport?

Yes. Missionary Travel only needs to validate that missionaries have a passport that will be valid six months past their release date. Additional documentation will be given to missionaries at the MTC. Missionaries will use those documents and their passport to get their permit at the port of entry.

Do missionaries need a copy of their mission call?

Yes. Missionaries should keep a photocopy of their mission call letter. They will need to show their passport and this letter, along with other documents, to immigration at the airport in Canada. If missionaries have lost their letter, the MTC travel office can provide them with a new one while they are at the MTC.