Frequently Asked Questions for U.S. and Canadian Residents

My signature does not match the name printed on my passport. Is that a problem?

It will not be a problem.

Can I make corrections to my visa forms if the information already filled in is not correct?

No. Please contact our office for a new document.

Does a missionary's seminary graduation certificate really need to be notarized?

Yes, the notary is notarizing that this is a correct and true copy of an original document. The notary is not notarizing a signature.

When will I receive my step two paperwork?

After you submit your step 1 paperwork documents are sent to Macedonia to start the process of your visa. After several weeks, we can prepare your step 2 paperwork and send it to you for your signature.

When will missionaries get their visa?

Missionaries will obtain their visa in the MTC.

Do missionaries send their actual passport to Missionary Travel?

Yes. The physical passport is needed to obtain a visa to Macedonia. This is an addition to the notarized color photocopy.

Can missionaries take an international trip with their passport before they go on their mission?

Yes, missionaries can take an international trip with their passport before they leave on their mission. If missionaries choose to do so, they should leave a note with the visa requirements that are mailed in and turn in their passport to the MTC travel office upon arrival at the Provo MTC.

Back Return to the Europe page.